Intuitive Surgical Careers
Final Quality Inspection Technician
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 182391
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
The Instruments Final Quality Inspection (iFQI) technician works under general direction, follows oral and written instruction, and performs testing processes in support of ISI electro-mechanical finished goods instruments. This position requires a highly-motivated team player to support quality screening for surgical instruments and accessories by simulating customer use, identifying potential quality issues, and working cross functionally with manufacturing and quality engineering teams to identify issues prior to product release.
• Follows all corporate, safety, production procedures and regulations
• Maintains an excellent attendance record in compliance with established manufacturing and quality attendance guidelines.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Clear understanding of ISI instruments operationsQualifications
• Ability to perform simulated surgical procedures utilizing a surgical robotic system, instruments and accessories.
• Proficient in ability to detect defects/non-conformances both operationally and visually
• Thorough knowledge of baseline and advanced instruments test/inspection requirements
• Ability to update IFQI daily test logs and End of Shift reports
• Clear understanding of product non- conformances (NCR’s) records origination and escalation process
• Ability to understand and follow applicable QAP’s and other Work Instructions
• Ability to use measuring tools, test equipment/fixtures as required.
• Working knowledge of GMP and GDP and other Corporate DOP’s, WI and other procedures
• Ability to work with cross-functional teams
General Job Requirements:
• Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or equivalent; minimum two years of experience at Intuitive Surgical.
• Language Skills: Ability to read, write and understand English. Ability to read and comprehend complex instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to write correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees, engineers, or management.
• Computer skills: Proficient in use of personal computers as part of daily work, including knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite, SAP and Agile
• Other skills and abilities: Ability to work varying shifts. Must have ability to complete training courses. Ability to work in a team environment. Meticulous attention to detail. Excellent hand-eye coordination.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.