Intuitive Surgical Careers
Senior Master Scheduler
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 182414
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
This position is seeking a creative, analytic and flexible individual to help lead Master Schedule activities for Instrument and Accessories Business Unit, with strong communication skills.
Responsible for working across multiple functions such as Product Marketing, Finance, Quality, Production Planner, Buyer and Manufacturing Engineers to obtain the best manufacturing strategy to meet the company’s quarterly revenue.
Develop key planning initiatives to support the ongoing transformation and continuous improvement of systems and processes in the Master Scheduling organization along with other projects as directed by management.
Assist in establishing planning strategies and policy to maintain MPS and MRP and drive efficiency improvements to support the growth of the business.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Forecast and Inventory Management
o Facilitate and drive collaboration with Marketing and Finance team members to compile forecast data (18 month rolling and 3-5 years long-term)o Support quarterly Pre-SIOP meeting and effectively communicate with Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Production Planning, Management, Marketing, and Finance on overall forecast changes which impacts capacity and/or supply constraints.o Facilitate and analyze monthly inventory review, including excess and obsolescence analysis, with Finance.o Support and coordinate a seamless product transition from NPI to production Master Schedulingo Monitor daily dashboard to identify potential supply risk and inventory exposures by aligning supply chain and manufacturing milestones against safety stock and/or forecast are supported in the correct plantso Provide demand oversight for creation and tracking of ATP reports across all product lineso Coordinate ECO change activity with functional groups
o Manage applications resolution involving supply and demand conflicts for all plants(SAP, Hyperion, EDW, Tableau, Agile, etc)o Ensure MRP accuracy across all plants in SAPo Engage IT support for future business enhancements within our applications (identify areas of improvement, functional spec, script testing, project management)o Manage and review SOX compliance for MRP load in multiple plantso Manage material master in ERP application for multiple plantso Support, resolve and troubleshoot ERP application (MRP/MPS) issues related to Buyer and Planner for all plants
• Capacity Model
Qualificationso Understand capacity model and interdependency with MPS datao Coordinate with Industrial Engineer and Production Manager to align on the capacity constrain build plan (CCBP) for headcount and manufacturing cello Ability to understand the capacity leveler (CL) which is derived from the MPS to the manufacturing line information such as (efficiency , shifts, numbers line, headcount) to account for line utilizationo Understanding the impact of manufacturing builds against forecast and spikes in the demand (safety stock, etc)
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and 8+ years of experience in supply chain and manufacturing, preferably with a medical device company.
• Experience with ERP systems, Business Intelligence applications and MS Office products, preferably SAP ERP/BI, Hyperion, Tableau, EDW and Agile. Strong skill set in Excel is a must.
• Experience in creating global forecasts in a medium/high volume, high mix manufacturing environment
• Thorough knowledge of and experience working with Lean Manufacturing Principles.
• Demonstrate concern for precision and thoroughness.
• Understanding of quality and compliance requirements within the medical device manufacturing industry
• Excellent teamwork skills with proven ability to collaborate across multiple cross-functional teams
• Ability to manage multiple objectives and priorities concurrently
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience in a high volume ECO environment dealing with multiple plants in ERP
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.