Intuitive Surgical Careers
Material Handler 3
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 182457
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
The Material Handler 3 is an advanced position requiring significant experience in warehousing operations, exceptional technical skills (equipment operation, counting, space utilization, handling efficiency), in-depth knowledge of ISI’s inventory management systems and software (Agile, SAP, WMS).
The Material Handler 3 is responsible for material-handling duties in support of Production operations, both Sustaining and NPI, and other internal customers. To be eligible, a Material Handler must be capable of completing the Roles and Responsibilities.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities:
This position will fulfill the following roles:
• Receiving: Receiving materials, physically and systemically, to be used in production operations and engineering projects.• Parts Put-away: Physically and systemically moving approved Production materials from IQC staging areas into SMKT storage locations. (Totes and Bulk)• Supermarket (SMKT)
o Parts Replenishment: Point-of-use parts replenishment for designated production lines.o MT: Fulfilling and transacting MT requests, received either electronically or via hard copy.o Sales Order Fulfillment: Fulfilling and transacting Sales Orders and Service Transfer Orders.
• SPP Kitting: Production parts replenishment via SPP kitting.• Pack Out: Packing System carts, FRUs and kits.
Qualifications• Responsible for complying with general Good Warehouse Practices (GWP) and Warehouse housekeeping processes.• Communicating verbally and via email the status of material movements and transactions to appropriate internal customers.• Actively participate in the Continuous Improvement program, including the creation and implementation of small scale improvements.• Proficient at performing systemic transactions in both SAP and ISI’s Warehouse Management System (WMS).• Able to effectively apply knowledge of material flow and basic warehousing principles to Material Handling assignments (FIFO, consolidation, lean principles).• Be proficient in the role of deputized trainer. At the direction of the Supervisor, train new personnel or cross-train existing personnel, including all required documentation, record keeping and reporting.
Competency Requirements: (competency is based on: education, training, skills and experience.)
• Possess high school degree or GED.
• Minimum 3-years of experience in Material Handling operations preferred.
• Medical device experience preferred.
• Experience and/or certification in operating material-handling equipment preferred.
• Ability to lift material up to 50 lbs.
• Ability to adhere to attendance, safety, quality, and performance guidelines.
• Inventory control experience (cycle counting, physical inventories) preferred.
• Experience training/mentoring other material handlers.
• Extensive walking and repetitive physical motion (squatting, bending, lifting, climbing ladders) is required.
• Proficient in Agile and/or SAP.
• Experience with other computer systems (MS Office) preferred.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.