Intuitive Surgical Careers
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 182621
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
If you exemplify our values and want to be part of Company that is really passionate about providing value for the patients and customers we serve, this is the role for you.
Primary Function of Position:
This position has responsibility for the deployment, support and upgrade of production local area and wide area network infrastructure in Sunnyvale locations and other worldwide locations. This position will review, plan, and evaluate network systems, may troubleshoot network systems and recommend improvements to the network. Wireless focus is a plus.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Network support and continuing improvement, installation and software version control/revision on all network equipment.• Install, configure and maintain Cisco networking hardware such as IOS based Catalyst LAN Switches, Wireless Access Points, Cisco, Juniper routers, Cisco and Juniper Firewall, Cisco IPSec VPN and Juniper SSL VPN, and Cisco and Palo Alto IDS/IPS etc. Ensure high availability, reliability, and optimal performance of network systems and services.• Monitor performance and provide capacity analysis/planning.• Evaluate new technologies and support decision-making process and long-term technical direction.• Provide project and vendor management as needed.
• Minimum of 5 year hands on experience in network engineering is required.
• Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience.
• Experience and understanding of the following wireless technologies is a must: Cisco wireless architecture (controller, management, and access points), wireless interference, troubleshooting wireless coverage, security; 802.11 a/b/g/N; 802.11af; WEP; 802.1x; WPA/TKIP; WPA2/AES/802.11i; WPS; WME/WMM/802.11e and QoS
• Hands on experience with layer 2/3 protocols like STP, VTP, Cisco VSS/SWV/Stacking technology, and Cisco Nexus series. Routing protocols like OSPF, BGP and EIGRP, security protocols like SSL and IPSec/NAT is required.
• Hands on experience with Riverbed, Exinda, and Juniper SSL VPN are a plus
• Experience with Cisco Call Manager, Contact Center and Unity Connection is big plus.
• Strong ability to identify, determine and document customer requirements
• Solid written and verbal communication proficiencies, quick learning abilities and self-motivated team player.
• Wireless design, implementation, and troubleshooting
• Cisco CCNP or CISSP certification is a big plus.
• STP, VTP, VSS, 802.1q trunking
• LAN Switching and WLAN (Cisco and Juniper)
• OSFP, BGP, EIGRP, QoS
• Cisco VoIP (Call Manger, Contact Center, and Unity Connection)
• Cisco ASA, Palo Alto Firewall
• Cisco and Juniper VPN
• Juniper JunOS
• WAN Technologies (MPLS,T1, DS3, ISDN, etc.)
• Good communication and documentation skills
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.