Intuitive Surgical Careers
Principal Benefits Analyst
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 182674
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
This position will report into the corporate benefits team. You will be responsible for managing Intuitive’s 401(k), disability and leave of absence, and time off programs. This position will be responsible for understanding the organization’s business and strategies and identify complementary benefits solutions.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Serve as internal consultant/benefits subject matter expert to HR and managementQualifications
• Research benefits best practices through surveys, networking, and other sources of industry information
• Act as escalation point with vendors/consultants to assist with employee escalated issues and drive to resolution
• Drive company values through behaviors, interactions with others, and keeping the employee experience in mind
• Demonstrated ability to effectively manage vendor relationships and ensure performance and quality expectations are met
• Analyze new and changed federal, state and local laws for compliance and performs ad-hoc reviews to ensure best practice process deployment
• Responsible for ensuring compliance with 401(k) regulations, FMLA, ADA and state specific requirements
• Responsible for the filing of all routine government filings (e.g. Forms 5500) for benefit plans
• Collect and communicate information and ensure timely distribution of required compliance notices (e.g. Summary Annual Reports, Summary Plan Documents) to employees
• Work closely with company’s benefits broker on all benefits activities including annual renewals
• Provide robust and relevant metrics and reporting.
• Implement benefit communications including timely and relevant communications for employees
• Partner with HR Shared Services and Payroll teams as appropriate on administration of benefit programs
• Participate in the the design and innovation of benefit programs and recommend new initiatives where appropriate
• Bachelor’s degree in HR, Business or related field preferred. Minimum 8+ years of experience
• Proven track-record of analysis and implementation of well thought out and practical solutions
• Demonstrated ability to work efficiently under conditions of multiple deadlines and changing priorities to produce a large volume of high quality material with meticulous attention to details
• Must be able to work productively in an environment with high levels of interruption
• Strong customer orientation
• Excellent communication (written, verbal and presentation) skills, and advanced problem-solving orientation and decision-making skills. Proven ability to develop, present and justify positions to all levels within the company.
• Ability to work independently and as a team player
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws