Intuitive Surgical Careers
Pulmonology Market Development Manager- Southeast / Central
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Atlanta
Requisition ID: 182698
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
The Pulmonology Market Development Manager position will be a role focusing on premarket research activities with an emphasis on the pulmonology field, specifically the biopsy modalities of small peripheral lung lesions. The individual will be responsible for identifying and building relationships with KOL’s & key stakeholders in the thoracic and pulmonology space. This individual will engage and manage the customer through the pre-commercial phase of product and commercial development. The role will also consist of building accurate organizational knowledge around this new specialty. The individual will need to translate learnings from field interactions to help internal organizational departments understand impact and resources needed to support the launch and sustainable utilization of the product. The person in this role must have the ability to demonstrate strong leadership qualities in a dynamic environment of building physician and executive stakeholder interest in pre-commercial phases of launch. Be a collaborative leader working with both US and global marketing and commercial leadership, product development and clinical engineering teams. Extensive US and international travel will be required.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Build & maintain KOL’s within the pulmonology & interventional pulmonology space
• Build organizational knowledge around the interventional pulmonology, interventional radiology, & thoracic Surgery space, with a focus on biopsies of small peripheral lung lesions: o Focus on referral patterns/habits
o Patient flow from 1st visit through treatment
o Identification of key stakeholders throughout evaluation process & financial/clinical value points
• Gain market insights on how Lung Cancer screening programs are being adopted and ultimately impact these stakeholders over short and long term
• Prepare market segmentation strategies focused on accelerated procedure adoption allowing for targeted sales approach post commercial launch
• Understand how ROI is calculated for key financial hospital stakeholders within navigational bronchoscopy procedures and other competitive modalities
• Assist in developing and implementing a global commercial strategy in targeted and qualified global regions that align with company strategy
• Prepare the market for product introduction, by building relationships with KOL’s, key stakeholders, and society leaders
• Build alignment within key hospitals on clinical value and impact of product
• Interact and communicate on a regular basis with commercial leadership
Core Competencies, Skills and Experience Requirements:
• Ability to travel up to 60%
• Preference to be geographically located near a major airport
• US & International travel with majority of US travel concentrated along Eastern US
• Minimum of 8 years’ healthcare sales and or marketing experience with direct team management a plus
• Experience in selling, and/or launching and introducing capital products to market
• Broad experience in customer based executive presentation & alignment environments
• Ability to align global commercial leaders on executing strategies that align with both short and long term company goals
• Demonstrated history of leading through dynamic and rapidly changing sales environments
• Understands and has experiences in dynamics of early product and procedure adoption curves
• Ability to present and clearly articulate business plans to organizational stakeholders and leadership
• Strong collaborator with excellent communication skills
• Prepared for International external & internal dynamics
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.