Intuitive Surgical Careers
Quality Inspection Failure Analysis
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 182700
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
The F/A Tech is responsible for the timely processing and dispositioning of all returned Instruments and Accessories materials to scrap or FGI.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Process, disposition, and track related returns.
o Process specific returns requiring sterilization to ensure safe handling.o Receive returned materials in the Complaint System.o Perform failure analysis of defective instruments and accessories by evaluating the mechanical and electrical characteristics of returned itemso Perform credit analysis of returned instruments and accessories- defective and/or excess
• Manage discrepant returns (recordation and reconciliation) to enable RMA processing.
o Store and dispose of dispositioned instruments and accessories.o Recommend/implement RMA process workflow improvements.
• Drive davinci standard, S, and Si systems and able to perform functional tests.• Dispose bio-hazardous material post sterilization as required and maintain the necessary documentation for disposal• Perform “Purging tasks” for all the completed RMA’s and process the instruments as required• Assist FA team on regulatory requirements in resolving “Reportable I/A” events and “Recalled” instruments• Review and maintain DOP’s and SOP’s pertaining to I/A RMA operations
• One to five years related experience or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
o Understanding of Customer Service, Field Service, Manufacturing Engineering, Production, Quality Product Inspection and Quality & Regulatory Affairs operational and informational needs desirable.Previous work experience in Production, or Quality Inspection is desirable.o Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices & Quality Systems Regulations is desirable.
• Understanding of Business Information Systems (i.e., SAP ERP and CRM & Agile).
o Ability to verify assembly documentation accuracy and to read engineering drawings, etc. is a plus.o Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office suite of applications.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.