Intuitive Surgical Careers
Manufacturing Lead, Systems
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 182703
Intuitive Surgical: What MattersJoining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
The primary objective for this person is to lead an assembly line(s) that builds a variety of products meeting quality and productivity goals, within a manufacturing work environment. This person would work closely with fellow team members, Engineers and the supervisor to achieve team performance goals in the areas of Efficiency, First Pass Yield, Hours Reporting Accuracy, Scrap, Inventory Accuracy, and Time Lost Accuracy. Goals are set in each of these areas for each quarter and overall team performance is measured against them.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Monitor team-member performance (safety, quality, efficiency, attendance) and escalate issues to management as neededQualifications
• Create and distribute daily production reports that includes performance to plan, quality issues, and equipment/fixture issues
• Perform preparation work such as line start-up, line clearance, setting up production boards , setting up goals for each work station, and job daily job rotations
• Operate and set up (as needed), production equipment/fixtures.
• Perform inspection and rework of products as needed
• Prepare and present weekly production data during weekly Engineering walk-through
• Cross-train or mentor others in areas of expertise (as needed).
• Monitor job rotation on the production lines to comply with ergonomic requirements
• Participate in training meetings and provide training plan for employees to ensure job rotation.
• Properly complete manufacturing documentation. Initiate basic material requests, report quality issues, report efficiency, record measurements as needed. May report work order information into computer.
• Maintain the accuracy of identification and count of point-of-use materials. Accurately determine and report material shortages.
• Provide first-line technical support to resolve production issues
• Actively participate in quality improvement initiatives with Engineering and Quality teams
• Support various Lean Manufacturing initiatives that involve a Mfg. based team.
• Review and disposition discrepant material. Implement corrective actions to prevent recurrences.
• Evaluate design for manufacturability (with respect to tooling and assembly methods). Provide suggested change proposals, or tooling concepts during early design process phase to Engineering.
• Be knowledgeable of multiple assembly tasks while meeting requirements for workmanship, safety and productivity.
• Review existing operational and process discrepancies in manufacturing and provide technical expertise to improve procedures
• Review BOM and Traveler/ MPI discrepancies and initiate Engineering Change orders to update/improve.
• Follow all corporate, regulatory, safety and production policies and procedures.
• Maintain an excellent attendance record.
• Support goals for respective manufacturing cell.
• Assemble products to support demand, as needed
• Experience: 6 years of manufacturing assembly experience
• Proficient in Agile and/or SAP
• Proficient in training/mentoring other Assembly Technicians
• Proficient at quality record documentation
• Demonstrates leadership and communication ability
• Demonstrates understanding of basic operational principles of assemblies upon which training has been completed
• Demonstrates ability to diagnose possible root cause failure modes of assemblies upon which training has been completed
• Demonstrates ability to build product with very minimum instructions
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.