Intuitive Surgical Careers
Senior Marketing Manager – Global Peer-to-Peer Programs
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 182732
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
Global Strategic Marketing (GSM) is looking for a process and results driven individual to implement, manage and grow the best-in-class practices in global peer-to-peer programs.
GSM identifies best practices in peer-to-peer engagement programs and builds them in a reproducible program-in-a-box, which comes with a validated process, implementation tools and digital infrastructure. GSM helps key regions implement these peer-to-peer programs while providing retrospective and prospective insights in how well such customer engagement programs are working and how they can further be adjusted for optimal results.
This individual will manage and grow a group of peer-to-peer engagement programs, starting in the US and building up to the epicenter/mentor case observation program at a global scale. A case observation event, which is a critical milestone activity in Intuitive’s sales process, allows a surgeon to visit another experienced dV peer to see best in class utilization of da Vinci technology in the OR. As such, this program touches all surgeons who are considering learning this technology as novices as well as existing da Vinci surgeons who want to learn about new procedures and techniques to pivot to.
This individual will start the role by taking over the management (maintain-grow-increase quality and effectiveness) of the US case observations program as well as manage the expansion of it in international markets such as Europe and Asia. As this individual grows his/her experience, additional peer-to-peer programs such as Proctoring programs and MDEs (Market Development Events) will also be managed by this role over time. All of these peer-to-peer programs will be based on validated and proven processes, business tools and KPIs (Key Performance Indicator) to effectively run them, and this individual will be responsible for these deliverables and will oversee the implementation of them by the local marketing and sales teams.
This role will work closely with sales and marketing, the customer resource team (DVRC) and the training functions in US and OUS. This leader will continuously monitor and improve the quality and effectiveness of the programs, and provide forward-looking insights and advice to the regional sales, marketing and training leaders for expansion and improvement. The end goal is to ensure regions’ commercial peer-to-peer needs are met with a process that is aligned to the company’s global marketing and commercial goals.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Create and/or improve the peer-to-peer processes (example: case observation program process), and educate the necessary internal stakeholders on how to implement and manage it.Qualifications
• Work with sales, marketing and training functions to identify new surgeons and other HCPs to add (select, prepare, onboard, maintain) to the peer-to-peer programs as new teachers, speakers and references. Ensure expectations and responsibilities in these peer-to-peer programs are well understood by internal stakeholders and external customers (ex: surgeons leading programs)
• Ensure that the regions follow the established process steps and utilized the process tools appropriately.
• Align with sales and marketing to ensure that programs meets the needs of the sales teams. Update peer-to-peer program process and eligibility requirements annually or as needed with guidance from sales and marketing.
• Routinely review surgeon/rep feedback, tableau dashboards and other analytical resources to identify trends and present improvement/optimization to regional leaders on a periodical basis.
• Periodically update the program tools (ex: Site Evaluation Form), digital portals (ex: SFDC search filters, booking mechanism) to optimize peer-to-peer matching within the programs
• Alert regional sales and marketing leaders when issues (ex: routinely low participant feedback) arise around a specific surgeon or HCP, and coordinate corrective action plans between regional sales and marketing teams.
• Teach new marketing and sales hires on how to utilize these programs and participate in them.
In order to adequately perform the responsibilities of this position, the individual must have the following:
• Bachelor’s degree in life science or business discipline. MBA or advanced degree is desirable.• 8 or more years of experience working with medical sales and interacting with physicians (ideally with surgeons) or 3 or more years of marketing experience in a therapeutic medical device company desired, ideally in in sales, sales training or professional education.• Proven ability to create processes, associated tools and educate others on them• Competent in analytical skills to interpret data and dashboards, and bring forward proposals.• Demonstrated interest and/or ability to understand existing company processes, performing gap analysis, and subsequently build new or improved peer-to-peer programs.• Demonstrated project management experience for a project that has multiple stakeholders (such as trade-shows and other commercial projects).• Proven ability to effectively develop strong relationships with stakeholders in order to build support for programs.• Superior verbal/written communication – create and deliver presentations that can simplify the complex, including experience presenting to management.• Disciplined self-starter with ability to work independently in an unstructured environment.• Able to prioritize and smoothly manage multiple tasks, last minute issues and competing priorities• Must be well versed in MS Office Suite.• Ability to travel 25-35%.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.