Intuitive Surgical Careers
Principal Service Logistics Planner
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 182734
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Primary Function of Position:
The primary function of this position is to coordinate and execute advanced, highly-complex planning activities. This position is responsible for Product lifecycle management (NPI/EOL), Field Actions, new FRU phase-in/cut-in implementation, and recurring E&O activities for the Supply Chain Planning team. With the ultimate goal to ensure service spare parts are positioned globally to support the demands of the field at all times, while avoiding excess inventory, and delays for our internal and external customers. This role is also expected to take a leadership role in developing and improving internal processes, and providing guidance to other planners.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Coordinates specialized planning functions in the areas of New Product Introduction, End of Life, Excess & Obsolescence, Field Actions, and New FRU introduction• Manages complex planning projects, research, and analysis in support of Service and Secondary Markets• Establish and maintain responsible fiscal guidelines for Excess and Obsolete inventories and targets to ensure effective replacement path solutions• Maintains and communicates project status updates, KPI’s, and material availability escalations• Attends various staff and core team meetings to align with, and communicate project updates to our internal partners• Acts as the Project Manager for various projects related to Planning and Inventory Control• Responsible for the generating KPI’s and driving improvements, related to this positions areas of focus• Consolidates and communicates global forecasting and inventory numbers. Provides support for regional operations reporting of the same.• Will need to travel up to 5% of the time• Drives monthly and quarterly Forecasting activities, to align with the Service and Secondary Markets S&OP process• Manage recurring inventory audit process and compliance with Sarbanes Oxley audit controls• Support approved ISI Distributors who perform technical services on ISI manufactured products• Provide business tools and training to facilitate Distributor communications related to servicing activities• Actively participate on cross-functional teams as a CSG representative to drive department needs• Coordinating Planning’s recurring business review meetings with senior management• Maintain department operating procedures (DOPs) and work instructions. Perform other projects or duties that may be assigned
• Master’s degree and 5+ years related Planning experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience, plus 3+ years of project management experience
• CPIM or CSCP certification preferred.
• Thorough knowledge of Master Planning, Demand Planning, NPI/EOL, E&O, and Project Management fundamentals
• Deep understanding of SAP ECC, CRM & SPP, Agile ACCS, Trackwise, and other common business applications
• High degree of competency in various analytics tools, such as; Tableau, Power-Bi, BOXI, and the various MS suite applications
• Strong analytical skills to interpret data for reports and apply mathematic techniques in practical situations
• Possesses a deep understanding of roles and responsibilities within a Service and Remanufacturing operation
• Be well versed in Six Sigma, and Lean Manufacturing principals
• Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
• Strong interpersonal skills to develop good working relationships at various levels and to resolve complaints
• Able to work independently in a fast paced environment with little to no supervision
• Must be innovative, detail-oriented, experienced in highly visible/dynamic projects
• Capable of managing multiple, high-priority assignments and meet firm deadlines
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.