Intuitive Surgical Careers
Senior Intellectual Property Paralegal
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 182738
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Primary Function of Position:
As the Senior Intellectual Property Paralegal, you will serve as the technical lead for the intellectual property paralegal function, oversee and improve internal practices, mentor other members of the team, and support the work of the agents and attorneys in the department.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Drive the definition, improvement, and maintenance of procedures for patent preparation and prosecution, including for docketing, reporting, and formalities.Qualifications
• Lead the definition, improvement, and maintenance of outside counsel instructions for intellectual property matters. Train outside counsel on these practices.
• Perform hands-on docketing, filing, and reporting for patents and trademarks.
• Instruct outside counsel in accordance with internal policies and procedures.
• Manage payment of renewal fees, track licensing status of patent and trademark portfolios , manage patent award program.
• Support review and payment of invoices, and support contracts administration.
• Mentor less experienced members of the team on intellectual property practices, including updating team on changes in governmental practices.
• Help direct and coordinate the work of other intellectual property paralegals.
• Lead or support special projects as appropriate.
• Paralegal certificate and/or bachelor’s degree.• 10+ years’ experience in trademark and patent preparation and prosecution experience required. 2+ years’ experience in a lead intellectual property paralegal role preferred.• Expert knowledge of all phases of patent preparation and prosecution in the U.S., in the WIPO, and in non-U.S. offices. Substantial understanding of trademarks, trade secrets, and copyright practices. Ability to quickly update and skillfully apply such knowledge to complete a wide range of projects.• Self-starter with excellent interpersonal skills who fosters a collaborative culture, thrives in a team environment, and interfaces effectively with other departments.• Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Excellent organizational skills, time-management ability, attention to detail, and a drive to improve processes and tools.• Able to accurately prioritize and multi-task to complete structured and unstructured projects smoothly and on-time.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.