Intuitive Surgical Careers
Primary Location: Mexico-Baja California-Mexico-Mexicali
Requisition ID: 182749
Manages procurement of direct materials to support business requirements: includes sourcing, negotiating costs, purchase order management, and inventory management.
Assists with key procurement initiatives as directed by management.
• Administers and manages purchase orders and delivery commitments to designated suppliers as necessary to support production and/or sales requirements within the business.
• Reviews, interprets, and communicates material demand forecast and manages capacity planning for assigned commodity groups and/or supplier relationships.
• Supports performance management and improvement efforts for designated suppliers, including coordinating supplier business reviews.
• Utilizes lean sourcing principles (kanban, consignment, and other similar material pull methods) to achieve 100% material availability and optimize on-hand inventory.
• Embraces continuous improvement techniques to drive toward attainment of key purchasing metrics (supplier OTD, quality, risk management, inventory velocity, and cost reduction).
• Leverages problem solving skills to propose solutions to identified supply chain issues.
• Coordinates engineering change order activity with suppliers and other functional groups.
• Leads quoting activity with suppliers to support supply chain optimizations.
• Supports assigned commodity team by participating in identified risk mitigation and cost reduction opportunities and supporting other commodity projects as assigned
• Supports development and management of commercial agreements – covering cost, quality, and delivery terms.Qualifications
•BS degree or equivalent
•3+ years of purchasing experience in a regulated industry manufacturing environment (medical device preferred).
•Computer experience including MS Office products and ERP systems, preferably SAP and Agile.
•Working knowledge of buying, material planning, master scheduling, and forecasting.
•Demonstrates concern for precision and thoroughness.
•Ability to consistently achieve stretch goals and objectives.
•Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects successfully.
•Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
English High Level.