Intuitive Surgical Careers
Senior New Product Introduction Manufacturing Engineer
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 182754
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Primary Function of Position:
Contribute your technical manufacturing and project management skills to a dynamic development team creating precision instruments for minimally invasive robotic surgery. The role requires active participation in new product development teams that create and refine electro-mechanical components, assemblies, process documentation, tooling and test methods while challenging new product designs to improve efficacy, reliability, manufacturability and cost for robotic surgical instruments.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Create, maintain and improve pilot “mid-volume” manufacturing assembly line, specifying and/or refining BOMs, work flow processes, and detailed work instructions.
• Specify, document, procure, qualify, implement, and improve fixtures, hand tools and equipment.
• Determine, incorporate and validate critical tests used in manufacturing.
• Validate manufacturing processes and providing production support through successful and sustained project launch.
• Identify and implement continuous improvement projects with respect to first pass yield, cycle time reduction, product reliability, capacity enhancement and cost reduction.
• Provide product and process DFx (Manufacturing, Assembly) input to enhance manufacturability of new products.
• Takes responsibility for maintaining compliance with medical device quality system including corrective action closure, discrepant material dispositions and ECO implementation.
• Provides technical support analyzing and /or performing failure analysis for discrepant production components, assemblies and field returns.
• BS degree in Engineering discipline.
• Minimum 8 years’ experience as design or manufacturing engineer supporting product with significant mechanical / electromechanical content.
• Must possess strong communication skills to interface with technicians, product development, planning, purchasing, regulatory, inspection, customer support and clinical marketing teams.
• Prior responsibility for process, equipment or product validation/verification. Single use disposable knowledge is a plus
• Prior experience designing automated equipment, complex mechanism manufacturing is a plus
• New product introduction/development desirable. Robotics knowledge a plus.
• Experience in JIT, Demand Flow Technology, and Lean Manufacturing techniques will be a plus.
• CAD experience (preferred Solidworks / ProE).
• Able to travel periodically to suppliers or Intuitive Mexicali plant