Intuitive Surgical Careers
Primary Location: Mexico-Baja California
Requisition ID: 182757
- Hire, train, develop, and motivate production personnel to follow procedures, meet high quality standards, production schedules, and productivity requirements
- Update and revise Manufacturing Process Instructions to ensure that MPIs are accurate and complete
- Address line support issues as they arise (including technical-related issues)
- Work closely with Engineering to resolve production issues and actively participant in quality improvement initiatives.
- Document and report any variances, problems, issues, or concerns
- Provide production personnel with expectations and performance feedback quarterly
- Write and conduct formal annual performance reviews for production personnel
- Plan, supervise, drive improvement, and report production performance including output, yields, root cause failures, efficiencies, and trends
- Understand, train personnel, and enforce strict adherence to the applicable DOPs and SOPs of the Quality System, as well as the Manufacturing Guidelines
- Assist in setting and attaining quarterly and annual production goals
Learn and enforce company safety policies and practices
Lead or support various Lean Manufacturing initiatives that involve a Mfg. based team.
Support sub-assembly or process outsourcing initiatives
- Review/approve ECOs to determine impact on manufacturing.
- Review and disposition discrepant material. Implement corrective actions to prevent recurrences.
- Evaluate designs for manufacturability (with respect to tooling and assembly methods). Provide suggested change proposals, or tooling concepts during early design process phase.
- Education and/or Experience: Bachelor's degree Manufacturing Operations, or related fields or five years of either supervisory or engineering experience. Experience in the medical device industry is preferred, specifically in the area of high volume instrument manufacturing.
- Strong working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing, DFT, and 6 Sigma.
- Proficient in the use of personal computers to perform daily work. Familiar with the Microsoft Office suite of programs and MRP systems. SAP and Agile experience preferred.
- Superb communication skills, including written and verbal instruction.
The ideal candidate will have a love for a fast-paced and multi-focused work environment.