Intuitive Surgical Careers
Clinical Project Manager
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 182771
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Primary Function of Position:
This position reports to Manager, Clinical Affairs and requires a strong candidate with experience supporting evidence generation strategy and execution of clinical studies and registries. A candidate must have some previous experience around understanding clinical literature, clinical research and/or clinical affairs The Clinical Project Manager will develop strategies for clinical and outcomes research studies. As Clinical Project Manager, this role will be responsible for working with keys stakeholders to design and develop clinical protocols, and execute clinical studies (pre and post market) with some supervision. The candidate will be required to work closely with data management and biostatistics to review and interpret results of clinical studies and to develop a clinical study report or support the development of clinical publications. The ideal candidate will have experience previously managing clinical studies in the United States and utilizing resources to research and scope a research topic and to provide recommendations on clinical trial strategy. The candidate is also expected to have experience in reviewing, interpreting and summarizing clinical literature.
Roles and Responsibilities:
This position has responsibility and authority for:
• Responsible for leading pre and post-market clinical research activitiesQualifications
• Collaborate with internal stakeholders and KOLs (key opinion leaders) to develop and review study concepts, protocol and study outlines and subsequently driving identified initiatives
• Conduct literature searches to stay abreast of scientific knowledge and to determine the evidence gaps.
• Responsible for the planning and execution of the clinical studies including investigator selection, analysis of potential patient recruitment, supporting the creation of study related documents (including protocols, case report forms, Informed consents, Clinical trial agreements), organizing IRB/EC submissions with follow thorough to ensure successful outcome
• Responsible for independently conducting clinical studies on schedule and within budget while ensuring high quality and compliance
• Liaise with external vendors and sites to negotiate contracts and budgets
• Track study progress and provide status report on a weekly basis
• Participate in data analysis, interpretation and synthesis, instruction in order to develop Clinical study report and /or support development of scientific publications including peer-reviewed manuscripts in partnership with external key opinion leaders
• Ensure compliance with corporate (e.g., SOP’s) and regulatory requirements (e.g., GCP and US and OUS guidelines)
• Critically appraise scientific literature and write clinical summaries to assist research efforts and development of clinical strategies and clinical investigational protocols.
• Review and revise Clinical Operations Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to assist Clinical Affairs Leadership with continuous process improvement initiatives.
• Collaborate with commercial groups (i.e. marketing) to understand market trends and utilize information to support of business goals through Clinical Affairs activities
Competency Requirements: (Competency is based on: education, training, skills and experience.)In order to adequately perform the responsibilities of this position the individual must have:
• B.S. in a bioengineering or a relevant scientific field, with an advanced degree preferred & with minimum 4 years of relative industry experience preferred
• Previous experience in implementing, supporting and managing pre and post-market device trials
• Knowledge of clinical and outcomes research study design is necessary.
• Experience in conducting literature searches, reviews and appraisal of the scientific data is preferred
• Experience in protocol development and/or writing clinical section for regulatory submission is preferred
• Ability to interact with physicians and other professionals inside and outside the company.
• Possess knowledge of Good Clinical Practice ICH/GCP, 21 CFR Part 11 and international regulations.
• Comfortable in a hospital environment, with experience working with nurses and surgeons
• Basic understanding of statistics, statistical methods, and design of experiment is a preferred
• Must have high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
• Must be able to work effectively on cross-functional teams.
• Must be able to travel up to 10-20%
• Must be able to manage or support multiple projects
• Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills with high attention to detail and organization
• Ability to learn quickly and self-educate on different surgical specialties as applicable to clinical projects (Self-starter attitude)
• Consistently shows dedication or strong work-ethic to help meet aggressive timelines or multiple projects when necessary
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.