Intuitive Surgical Careers
Medical Research Intern
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 182777
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Joining Intuitive Surgical, Inc. means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Must be concurrently enrolled and returning to an academic program in the fall in an accredited degree-seeking program.
Primary Function of Position:
This position will support one or more research projects using novel approaches for training and evaluating performance of surgical team members. You will assist the PI with subject recruitment, setting up and running experiments with human subjects, data collection and management, and data analysis. The successful candidate will demonstrate attention to detail, critical thinking skills, and a self-starter attitude. Opportunities to help with experimental design and authorship on possible subsequent publications will be commensurate with experience.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Contacting potential subjects to invite their participation
• Managing schedule for subject testing
• Setting up equipment as required by the protocol
• Collection and organization of experimental data
• Data analysis and presentation of findings to the project team
Skills, Experience, Education, & Training:
• Working towards a Master’s degree in Experimental Psychology, Biology, Education, or Medicine
• Basic statistics required
• Experience running experiments with human subjects required
• Survey design skills desired
• Experience interviewing human subjects desired
• Experience performing literature reviews desired
• You will learn about the role of research in an industry setting.
• You will gain experience conducting experiments with minimal supervision.
• You will practice and refine your data presentation skills.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.