Intuitive Surgical Careers
User Research Intern
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 182778
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Joining Intuitive Surgical, Inc. means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Must be concurrently enrolled and returning to an academic program in the fall in an accredited degree-seeking program.
Primary Function of Position:
The User Research Intern participates in user research and usability testing of Intuitive Surgical products and services prior to launch.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Collect and synthesize detailed information about how users interact with Intuitive Surgical products and services and their use environments.
• Work with mentor to present results of user research to New Product Development organization or other user-facing departments.
• Support the execution of user research at various stages of product development, from early prototypes all the way through formal FDA mandated validation testing.
• Explore additional methods and tools for conducting user research of Intuitive Surgical products.
• MS or PhD student in Human Factors Engineering (specialized in Organizational or Product Ergonomics), Health Services Research, Psychology, Anthropology, or related field.• Superior ability to empathize with people and to understand the human condition.• Ability to interface with users in a highly professional manner.• Excellent communication (verbal, written, and formal presentation) and collaboration skills.• Ability to analyze qualitative and quantitative data.• Ability to apply user-centered design and usability engineering principles to product research, development, and design.
• Planning and execution of complex user research studies involving multiple representative users.• Application of human factors engineering process to medical device development.• Reporting research findings to diverse audiences.