Intuitive Surgical Careers
Medical Innovation Intern
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 182781
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Joining Intuitive Surgical, Inc. means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Must currently be enrolled or in a training or research program as a medical student, resident or fellow and available for a 10-12 week period during the Summer of 2019. Residents and fellows must obtain written approval from their program chair in order to participate. Medical students must obtain permission from their respective Medical students and physicians-in-training (residents and fellows) with a background in engineering, product design, entrepreneurship, law, business and marketing are encouraged to apply. Candidates may have prior medical robotic or industry experience; however, this is not required. Candidates must be willing to relocate to Sunnyvale, CA, for the duration of the internship.
Primary Function of Position:
The Intuitive Medical Innovation internship is a full-time “intrapreneurship” program designed to provide medical students, residents and fellows with an immersive experience in medical robotics. The primary functions of the intern will include clinical exploration with current and emerging robotic platforms. The program will include clinical observation and customer discovery while culminating in bench-top and laboratory exploration to assess feasibility and proof-of-concept for robotic assisted procedures.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Clinical and procedure exploration for emerging or novel applications with current robotic platforms• Procedure investigation with emerging robotic platforms• Market evaluation and literature analysis for novel techniques and robotic assisted approaches
Skills, Experience, Education, & Training:
• Medical school currently enrolled in allopathic (MD) or osteopathic (DO) medical school
• Resident physician in a training program (any specialty) or research program
• Fellow in training or research program
• Define unmet clinical needs while engaging clinical thought leaders in the field of medical robotics• Develop innovative procedures for current and emerging medical robotic platforms• Analyze market opportunities for emerging procedures and applications• Develop a thorough understanding of the regulatory pathway for medical device approval
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.