Intuitive Surgical Careers
Global Public Affairs Intern
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 182783
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Joining Intuitive Surgical, Inc. means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Must be concurrently enrolled and returning to an academic program in the fall in an accredited degree-seeking program.
Primary Function of Position:
As a member of the Global Public Affairs team, the GPA intern will be responsible for supporting all facets of the GPA team including: media relations, external communications, public and government affairs. The GPA intern will help advance and continue the team’s commitment to consistent messaging, protecting and promoting corporate reputation and advancing Intuitive as a thought leader around the world.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Work with the Director of Media Relations to handle incoming media requests, update press kit, and monitor corporate communications inbox• Support the Director of External Communications in preparing and coordinating upcoming Intuitive speaking engagements• Work with all members of Global Public Affairs to develop messaging content that supports core Intuitive goals and alignment across departments• Develop an intern project that will showcase the skills learned and impact projects
Skills, Experience, Education, & Training:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to take initiative, transition quickly, and support numerous team members simultaneously
• Can meet deadlines while working on multiple projects
• Comfortable with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
• Completed at least two years at an accredited academic program
• Will work effectively and efficiently in a fast paced environment, particularly a corporate atmosphere
• Acquire knowledge of communications and public affairs practices and applications• Gain or enhance market knowledge of the medical device industry• Build professional relationships among colleagues and fellow interns• Develop professional skills and ability to thrive in a corporate and fast paced environment• Effectively identify, apply, and connect one’s education and background to the tasks required to support and advance the GPA team’s goals
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.