Intuitive Surgical Careers
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-US-NC-Raleigh
Requisition ID: 182794
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Must be concurrently enrolled and returning to an academic program in the fall in an accredited degree-seeking program.
Primary Function of Position:
This position has the opportunity to make a direct impact to Intuitive’s marketing initiatives that deliver Intuitive’s products to patients worldwide. With the direction and supervision of a Sr. Marketing Manager, the Marketing Intern will create a marketing strategy and positioning for under-addressed markets that are expected to have a growing role in the company’s business portfolio.
Roles and Responsibilities:
This position has responsibility and authority to:
• Deliver analysis and strategy to drive marketing direction of a product and/or service, possibly including, but not limited to: positioning, messaging, segmentation, pricing, market share review, collateral gap analyses, conducting market research, product requirements, etc.
• Develop an understanding of the value proposition and how to communicate that message to key customers and constituencies such as physicians, providers, payers, patients, and sales force.
• Work internally and externally to better understand how the product and/or service are being utilized and determine how to communicate that value proposition to target customers
The Marketing Intern will:
• Gain a deep understanding of products and/or services and their value propositions.
• Analyze and assess the dynamics of the particular market, its associated call point, and how Intuitive product(s) is positioned within this context.
• Quickly respond to ad hoc analytic or research requests common in this dynamic, fast-paced, data-driven environment.
• Work cross-functionally to develop a strategy for the project – including identifying key success criteria and metrics which are measurable and executable.
• Spend time interfacing with customers and Intuitive sales representatives to gather first-hand knowledge of the project’s potential impact and how best to execute on its goals.
Complete and deliver strategy and action plan, including key tools, identified as needs for part of the marketing package.
Skills, Experience, Education, & Training:
• Pursuing an undergraduate degree in business or marketing with a focus/interest in technology marketing.
• Demonstrated interest in healthcare and medical devices, experience in a therapeutic medical device or healthcare company preferred
• A proven record of achievement, leadership, and driving continued improvement
• Positive, results-driven attitude and a resolve to win
• Self-directed with the ability to work independently in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
• Able to manage multiple priorities with flexibility
• Proven ability to solve open-ended problems and work cross-functionally to implement initiatives
• Superior verbal/written communication, teambuilding, and interpersonal skills to work across multiple constituents
• Strong computer skills: well-versed in MS Office Suite, Adobe Creative Cloud Products desired
Ability to travel at various times throughout the summer.
• Gain an understanding of market research strategy, planning and execution.
• Obtain experience with analysis, synthesis and presenting actionable insights to marketing department and business unit.
• Learn how Intuitive’s portfolio of products and/or services are positioned in the marketplace.
Commitment: Must be available to work full-time hours, M-F for 10-12 weeks beginning Summer of 2019.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.