Intuitive Surgical Careers
Supplier Engineering Intern, Instrument and Accessories
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 182795
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Must be concurrently enrolled in a degree-seeking program with an accredited university or enrolled in an upcoming program in the fall.
Primary Function of Position:
The mission of Supplier Engineering is to ensure high quality and stable delivery of purchased production supplies from suppliers operating under robust quality systems to maximize Patient Value. Supplier Engineer is responsible for ensuring their Suppliers meet ISI requirements for product safety, quality, cost, delivery, and service.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Participate in new part/ assembly development that includes executing production qualification at supplier
• Drive suppliers to continually improve their business and manufacturing process performance to meet ISI’s requirements for supplier excellence using a collection of best practices in project management, Six Sigma, Lean, SPC and negotiation
• Investigate and resolve technical issues, support ISI production line down events caused by supplier, and complete supplier change requests
• Participate in the Supplier Selection Evaluation team and ensure all Quality aspects of the intended Supplier are considered.
Skills, Experience, Education & Training:
• Working toward a degree in Engineering
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• In-depth analytical and trouble-shooting skills, and inspection and test techniques
• Ability to read and interpret detailed specification drawings and communicate technical information
• Computer experience using Windows, MS Office Suite
• Learn broad range of technologies and manufacturing processes at the suppliers
• Learn ISI manufacturing processes
• Learn how to validate processes
Commitment: Must be available to work full-time hours, M-F for 10-12 weeks beginning Summer of 2019.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.