Intuitive Surgical Careers
UI Developer Intern
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 182796
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Must be concurrently enrolled and returning to an academic program in the fall in an accredited degree-seeking program.
Primary Function of Position:
Intuitive Surgical is currently seeking a Front-end UI Developer Intern to assist our development team in enhancing user experience. Ideal candidates must be passionate about user experience, familiar with current front end frameworks, and able to work well in a team environment with developers and stakeholders. The internship will involve participating in the full SDLC of a project, from design through development.
Roles and Responsibilities:
This role is specifically designed for a college intern with a degree in Computer Science. Coursework and experience with web or mobile development is highly preferred.
Skills, Experience, Education, & Training:
The ideal candidate will have experience or related coursework in many of the following areas:
• Experience with CSS frameworks (e.g. Bootstrap, Material Design, etc.)
• Understanding of REST APIs and JSON
• Experience working with Git and source/version control
• Comfortable working with a team (e.g. scrum, customer facing, etc.)
• Strong communication, organization, problem solving and diagnostics
• to articulate and present different points-of-views on various technologies
• Proven ability to transfer knowledge and stay aware of current trends and technical advancements
• Communicating and presenting the project work done to stakeholders
• Proper documentation of project work
Commitment: Must be available to work full-time hours, M-F for 10-12 weeks beginning Summer of 2019.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.