Intuitive Surgical Careers
Vision Software Engineer Intern
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 182812
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Must be concurrently enrolled and returning to an academic program in the fall in an accredited degree-seeking program.
Primary Function of Position:
Exploring new technologies and approaches, particularly AI and deep leaning inspired techniques, for performance evaluation of color stereo vision systems and implement the solution for the final test of a color stereo camera system.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Survey and exploring new technologies and approaches for performance evaluation of color stereo camera systems, particularly, AI and deep learning related technologies.
• Implementing the selected approach for fast-automated final inspection and test of a color stereo camera system
• Develop processes to qualify the developed system
• Document and report development and implementation details
Skills, Experience, Education, & Training:
• Hands on experiences on at least one programming languages such as C#, Python, or Matlab
• Good understand of software engineering
• Basic understanding of video cameras, image processing, and/or computer vision
• Basic understanding of software development process
• Basic understanding of algorithm development
• Enhanced understanding of software engineering procedures and processes
• Good knowledge on current trends of deep learning and AI on computer vision
• Improved programming skills
• Good understanding of high performance color stereo vision systems
• Approaches and technologies on performance evaluation of color stereo vision systems
• Experiences to work with a team in a collaborative working environment
Commitment: Must be available to work full-time hours, M-F for 10-12 weeks beginning Summer of 2019.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.