Intuitive Surgical Careers
Quality Inspection Failure Analysis
Primary Location: United States-Mississippi-US-MS-Southaven
Requisition ID: 182814
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
The F/A Tech is responsible for the timely processing and dispositioning of all returned Instruments and Accessories materials to scrap or FGI.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Process, disposition, and track related returns. o Process specific returns requiring sterilization to ensure safe handling.
o Receive returned materials in the Complaint System.
o Perform failure analysis of defective instruments and accessories by evaluating the mechanical and electrical characteristics of returned items
o Perform credit analysis of returned instruments and accessories- defective and/or excess
• Manage discrepant returns (recordation and reconciliation) to enable RMA processing.
o Store and dispose of dispositioned instruments and accessories.
o Recommend/implement RMA process workflow improvements.
• Drive davinci standard, S, and Si systems and able to perform functional tests.
• Dispose bio-hazardous material post sterilization as required and maintain the necessary documentation for disposal
• Perform “Purging tasks” for all the completed RMA’s and process the instruments as required
• Assist FA team on regulatory requirements in resolving “Reportable I/A” events and “Recalled” instruments
• Review and maintain DOP’s and SOP’s pertaining to I/A RMA operations
• One to five years related experience or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
o Understanding of Customer Service, Field Service, Manufacturing Engineering, Production, Quality Product Inspection and Quality & Regulatory Affairs operational and informational needs desirable.
Previous work experience in Production, or Quality Inspection is desirable.
o Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices & Quality Systems Regulations is desirable.
• Understanding of Business Information Systems (i.e., SAP ERP and CRM & Agile).
o Ability to verify assembly documentation accuracy and to read engineering drawings, etc. is a plus.
o Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office suite of applications.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.