Intuitive Surgical Careers
Technical Data Steward
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 182817
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary function of position:
The Technical Data Steward is part of the Business Architecture department and is responsible for defining, maintaining, and governing the processes to create, maintain, and improve master data attributes. This includes securing business rules and requirements then transforming them into a data quality tool to identify data quality issues. The technical data steward will partner with business domain owners to create dashboards to visualize and track the progress of data quality remediation efforts.
• Data Analysis including Data Sourcing & Transformation, Data Pre-Processing, and Data Visualization.
• Create and maintain Data Governance operational processes to engage Data Stewards and Data Custodians to implement and maintain Data Governance programs and improve Data Quality.
• Develop and summarize Data Quality analysis and dashboards.
• Knowledge of Data modeling and Data warehousing concepts with emphasis on ETL of Party data (Customer & Product Lifecycle Management).
• Work with project teams to identify need for new attribute fields and how those new fields should be maintained and governed.
• Interact with key business functions to confirm data quality policies and governed attributes.
• Collaborate effectively with customer service, product data stewards and digital analytics teams.
• Help find resolution to any interface / use errors.
• Recommend changes to data attributes in response to changes in regulations as applicable.
• Bachelor’s Degree or Associates degree with minimum 2 years of work experience required.
• Moderate experience with SQL, ETL (Informatica Power Center, Informatica MDM, SSIS), PL/SQL, Python and Excel.
• Moderate experience with Data Management software like Oracle, MS Excel, MS SQL Server, MS Access, Apache Spark, Hadoop.
• Moderate experience with Data Visualization Tools like Tableau, MS Visio, Qlikview, R, Microsoft Power BI, SAS.
• Moderate experience with Business Intelligence Analysis tools like Informatica, Denodo, SQL, Python, Collibra, R (Statistical Software), SSIS (Integration Services).
• Excellent attention to detail and love of creating order and consistency required.
• High degree of initiative and ownership, as well as a proven history of delivering results while working with several different departments in a fast-paced environment required.
• Experience creating and running business reports and data queries preferred.
• Oracle Agile and SAP experience highly desirable.
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.