Intuitive Surgical Careers
Senior Project Manager – Standards
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 182822
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary function of position:
The Senior Project Manager – Standards will be responsible for leading a cross-functional team, identifying activities, monitoring progress, and ensuring timely project delivery for various data compliance programs such as General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), California Consumer Privacy act (CCPA), Personal Information Protection Act (PIPA), and others.
• Lead a cross functional project team in the creation of project deliverables and realistic project timelines.
• Work with compliance process architects, business analysts, and business leaders to identify any potential business process gaps.
• Identify project risks, develop mitigation strategies, and monitor project health.
• Utilize project management tools and templates (project plans and trackers) to support lessons learned helping drive consistency across projects.
• Leverage well developed interpersonal skills to build and maintain positive working relationships with functional groups throughout the organization.
• Provide guidance and coaching/mentoring to team members and other project leaders as appropriate.
• Manage complex project programs and set direction for large scale efforts.
• Understand various data regulations / standards requirements.
• Present concise information as needed to senior management regarding progress of project activities and commitments.
• A Bachelor’s Degree or related equivalent work experience required
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in program or project management preferably within a regulated industry such as medical devices, healthcare, pharmaceuticals, or aerospace / defense required
• Ability to define projects and their goals, estimating budgets, risks and resources required
• Demonstrated track record of team leadership, building teams, and relationship management required
• Strong communication and presentation skills required
• Experience with data privacy or data retention regulations / standards such as General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), California Consumer Privacy act (CCPA), Personal Information Protection Act (PIPA), etc strongly preferred
• Experience with MS Project, Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and/or other standardized project management tools/documentation preferred
• Certification in Project Management preferred (PMP or Masters Certificate in Project Management), LEAN certification is preferred
• Ability and willingness to travel both domestically and internationally up to 25% of the time
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.