Intuitive Surgical Careers
Director, Business Operations
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 182824
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
The Director, Business Operations works with the VP & Senior Medical Officer as well as the senior leadership team (SLT) and staff to support and advise executives responsible for smooth operations within the organization. In addition, this individual will serve as a key liaison to organize, coordinate, and oversee the execution of strategic business initiatives.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Supports the VP & Senior Medical Officer in identifying areas of improvements within the business and providing possible solutions to address.
• Sources and synthesizes research and analytics to assist the VP & Senior Medical Officer and SLT in gaining insights, which will help in decision-making process. Look for tactical opportunities to gain efficiencies and effectiveness.
• Gather and outline issues identified by the VP & Senior Medical Officer and SLT and collect potential options to resolve program, project, or process issues.
• Coordinates and/or facilitates meetings, event, and strategic activities involving VP & Senior Medical Officer and their teams.
• Communicates directly and on behalf of the VP & Senior Medical Officer on matters related to programmatic initiatives, meetings, and strategic activities as directed.
• Assist in project management by providing the VP & Senior Medical Officer and SLT with coordination and facilitation of project scheduling. The individual will maintain project calendars, coordinate efforts across functional teams, and facilitate prioritization to bring a project to fruition.
• Prepare an account of meetings, designates, and follows up on assigned action items.
• As directed by the VP & Senior Medical Officer, key liaison with Sunnyvale functional departments on cross-functional projects and initiatives
Skills & Abilities:
• Ability to identify and solve process issues when they arise, and propose options for solution to the VP & Senior Medical Officer and SLT
• Ability to adjust to multiple tasks and demands while constantly shifting priorities under tight deadlines and time constraints
• Strong data analysis skills in order to use data and facts to prepare materials and to support recommendations that are grounded on facts
• The ability to attend ad-hoc meetings in a delegated capacity of the GM/VP/SVP to collect meeting notes and relay information back to leaders
• Ability to work collaboratively across functional departments
• Effective, versatile and action-oriented
• Ability to work independently and with professional discretion
• Excellent management, time-management, and problem-solving skills
• Impeccable managerial and interpersonal skills
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field; MBA preferred
• Minimum 8 years executive-level experience in strategy, analytics, business or related
• Experience in working with senior leaders, executives with tact and diplomacy, often on sensitive and confidential topics
• Previous experience working with HQ functional leaders
• Experience working on a global team
• Experience with organizational change
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.