Intuitive Surgical Careers
Applied Research Intern
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 182833
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Must be concurrently enrolled in a degree-seeking program with an accredited university or enrolled in an upcoming program in the fall.
Primary Function of Position:
We are seeking a summer intern to join the Research team. The intern will assist in the implementation, documentation, and testing of the next generation product development environments.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Development and evaluation of high quality prototype concepts.
• Development of novel Augmented Reality (AR) and Mixed Reality (MR) concepts to integrate with future products.
• Development of a modular software framework to explore various AR and MR concepts on display technologies from various vendors.
• Perform usability testing and generate reports that help guide the future development.
Skills, Experience, Education, & Training:
• Computer science, Mechatronics, or Robotics focus.
• Exposure to Virtual Reality (VR), Augmented Reality (AR) or Mixed Reality (MR) concepts, hardware, and tools.
• A good working knowledge with Unity, C, C++, UWP, Visual studio tools.
• Hands on experience with in developing server client applications using TCP, UDP, broadcast and discovering protocols.
• Hands on experience in developing applications using spatial mapping, shared experience and handing shared coordinates.
• Hands on experience in developing 3D visualization apps for prep-op imaging data.
• Experience in integrating third-party software libraries into custom applications.
• Strong math and analytical skills. Knowledge of linear algebra, computer graphics and computational robotics.
• Hands-on engineering skills with a proven ability to work well in a team environment.
• Self-starter and able to work in a collaborative and results oriented environment.
• Ability to communicate effectively (written, oral) with the team.
• Gain experience in research and evaluation of novel AR and MR concepts for computer-assisted surgical systems.
• Gain hands-on experience with a robot-assisted surgery platform while integrating and testing prototype technologies.
Commitment: Must be available to work full-time hours, M-F for 10-12 weeks beginning Summer of 2019.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.