Intuitive Surgical Careers
Material Handler 1
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 182836
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
The Material Handler 1 is an entry-level position responsible for basic material-handling duties in support of Production operations, both Sustaining and NPI, and other internal customers. Following initial orientation, the Material Handler 1 will be trained and certified to perform one or more of the following tasks: receiving; parts put-away; parts replenishment; Material Transfers (MT); Sales Order fulfillment; Single Parts Presentation kitting (SPP); packing and/or cycle counting.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Following training and certification(s), this position has responsibility and authority for:
• Receiving materials, physically and systemically, to be used in production operations and engineering projects.
• Physically and systemically moving approved Production materials from IQC staging areas into SMKT storage locations.
• Point-of-use parts replenishment for designated production lines.
• Production parts replenishment via SPP kitting.
• Fulfilling and transacting MT requests, received either electronically or via hard copy.
• Fulfilling and transacting Sales Orders.
• Packing System carts, FRUs and kits.
• Performing systemic transactions in both SAP and ISI’s Warehouse Management System (WMS).
• Complying with materials management policies and processes, including First In/ First Out (FIFO) material rotation, 5-S, Safety, Quality, Attendance and Good Warehousing/Housekeeping processes.
• Participating in the daily cycle counts.
• Operating material handling equipment (fork lift, pallet jack, order-picking machine).
• Communicating via e-mail the status of material movements and transactions to appropriate internal customers.
Competency Requirements: (competency is based on: education, training, skills and experience.)
• Possess high school degree or GED.
• Minimum 2-years of experience in Material Handling operations preferred.
• Inventory control experience (cycle counting, physical inventories) preferred.
• Experience and/or certification in operating material-handling equipment preferred.
• Ability to lift material up to 50 lbs.
• Extensive walking and repetitive physical motion (squatting, bending, lifting, climbing ladders) is required.
• Experience with computer systems (MS Office, SAP, Agile, WMS) is preferred.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.