Intuitive Surgical Careers
Computer Vision Intern
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 182837
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Must be concurrently enrolled in a degree-seeking program with an accredited university or enrolled in an upcoming program in the fall.
Primary Function of Position:
We are seeking an intern to support the Applied Research team to develop prototype 3D scene understanding systems based on state-of-the-art sensing technologies, clinical datasets and state-of-the-art deep learning and geometric computer vision methods.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The intern will:
• Develop/bring-up scene semantic/instance segmentation methods based on clinical datasets and an existing deep learning based approach
• Develop/bring-up prototype dense 3D reconstruction methods based on single or multi-view 3D image sensors
• Work with an existing vision and ML data pipeline and toolset and improve aspects of it
Skills, Experience, Education, & Training:
• Graduate-level study in computer science, electrical engineering or robotics with emphasis on computer vision and machine learning.
• Good hands on C++/Python/Matlab skills.
• Good hands on experience with a few of the state-of-the-art deep learning models
• Good hands on experience with computer vision algorithms and libraries.
• Experience with GPU accelerated algorithms and implementation.
• Experience with integrating software libraries from third parties into custom applications.
• A good working knowledge of sensor fusion algorithms is a plus.
• Self-starter and able to work in a collaborative and results oriented environment.
• Develop, build, and test prototypes in an industrial research environment.
• Gain experience with state of the art 3D sensing technologies/systems/algorithms
• Gain hands-on experience with a robot-assisted surgery platform while integrating and testing prototype technologies.
• Gain experience working with data-sets from clinical settings.
Commitment: Must be available to work full-time hours, M-F for 10-12 weeks beginning anytime between January and June 2019.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.