Intuitive Surgical Careers
Product Data Steward
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 182846
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary function of position:
The Product Data Steward is responsible for defining, maintaining, and governing the processes to create, maintain, and deactivate product & material master data attributes. The Data Steward will also play a key role in establishing business rules for new data attributes and in monitoring existing data against various quality metrics.
• Identify, create, maintain, and enforce business rules around the various key product material master data attributes.
• Effectively govern product material master data attributes within the corporate Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software solutions.
• Partner with engineering, product marketing, regulatory, and PMO on proper attribute work flows and entry points.
• Identify and document owners groups for key product attributes.
• Work with project teams to identify need for new attribute fields and how those new fields should be maintained and governed.
• Act as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for product and material master data business rules.
• Review, maintain, and correct key critical product attributes.
• Establish and maintain data integrity reporting.
• Interact with key business functions to confirm data quality policies and governed attributes.
• Collaborate effectively with customer service data stewards and digital analytics teams.
• Help find resolution to any interface / use errors.
• Help define data attribute requirements for new and existing software interfaces that may impact the product material master.
• Recommend changes to data attributes in response to changes in regulations as applicable.
• Route ECOs (engineering change orders) to correct and update any incorrect items.
• Bachelor’s Degree, an Associate’s degree with minimum 2 years of work experience, or related work experience required
• Excellent attention to detail and love of creating order and consistency required.
• Experience in data management, data governance, and/or data stewardship activities and responsibilities, or equivalent, in a manufacturing environment (preferably GxP relevant work) required.
• High degree of initiative and ownership, as well as a proven history of delivering results while working with several different departments in a fast-paced environment required.
• Experience creating and running business reports and data queries preferred.
• Oracle Agile and SAP experience highly desirable.
• Experience in use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio) preferred
• Knowledge of master data management approach preferred
• Experience working with teams across multiple functions
• Ability to multi-task and work under tight timelines required
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.