Intuitive Surgical Careers
Industrial Design Intern
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 182854
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Must be concurrently enrolled in a degree-seeking program with an accredited university or enrolled in an upcoming program in the fall.
Primary Function of Position:
We are seeking a summer intern to support the Industrial design team in the development of next-generation products. The intern will:
1. Define the industrial design of new products. Work with company stakeholders, including industrial design creative direction, interaction design, product management, and downstream marketing to strategically support industrial design across product platforms.
2. Prototype the future of surgical design. Bring new industrial design concepts to life through sketching, 3D modeling, material explorations, and full scale mockups. Work with product development and engineering stakeholders to bring these design visions to reality.
• Enrolled in a degree program in industrial design
• Great work ethic and a passion for delivering a great user experience
• Self-starter and able to work in a collaborative and results oriented environment
• Develop a real-world understanding of user interaction with a complex physical system
• Deliver prototype solutions that demonstrate the value of industrial design concepts
Commitment: Must be available to work full-time hours, M-F for 10-12 weeks beginning May or June.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.