Intuitive Surgical Careers
Robotic Software Engineering Intern
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 182855
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Joining Intuitive Surgical, Inc. means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Must be concurrently enrolled and returning to an academic program in the fall in an accredited degree-seeking program.
Primary Function of Position:
We are seeking an intern to support development of next generation image-guided surgical robotic systems.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Under the direction of the mentor:
• Develop distributed software to control multiple robotic arms and endoscopic camera.
• Develop motion planning algorithms and hand-eye calibration algorithms.
• Evaluate system performance in operating room conditions.
• Analyze data and report accuracy, precision and sensitivity of algorithms to uncertainties.
• Prepare documentation and user manuals for the system.
Skills, Experience, Education, & Training:
• Graduate level student (computer science, electrical engineering or equivalent) preferred.
• Proficiency in C/C++ programming is required.
• Solid understanding of robot kinematics, motion planning, and control algorithms is required.
• Excellent background in software architecture design and data structures is required.
• Knowledge of multi-view computer vision is desired.
• Familiarity with embedded system software design is a plus.
• Experience with haptic devices and force feedback is a plus
• Knowledge of scripting languages like python and MATLAB is a plus.
• Must have excellent communication and writing skills.
• Relevant peer-reviewed publications is a plus.
• Gain experience with hands-on research and development in the field of surgical robotics
• Participate in ex-vivo and in-vivo test and validation of research outcomes
• Gain experience with development of algorithms and workflows for real-time systems in image-guided surgery
• Working in a multidisciplinary team with broad experience in various aspects of surgical robotics, image-guided surgery and intelligent systems.
Commitment: Must be available to work full-time hours, M-F for 10-12 weeks beginning Summer of 2019.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.