Intuitive Surgical Careers
Artificial Intelligence Software Engineer Intern
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 182857
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Joining Intuitive Surgical, Inc. means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Must be concurrently enrolled and returning to an academic program in the fall in an accredited degree-seeking program.
Primary Function of Position:
We are seeking an intern to support development of next generation intelligent surgical robotic systems.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Under the direction of the mentor:
• Apply software engineering skills and creative thinking to develop cutting edge intelligent surgical robots
• Identify problems and develop solutions to abstract AI challenges
• Design and develop modular and scalable software architectures, components and API's
• Implement developed algorithms on a real time platform
• Evaluate implemented algorithms in ex-vivo and in-vivo labs
• Collect data and improve algorithms based on the feedback from labs
Skills, Experience, Education, & Training:
• Graduate level student (CS, ECE or equivalent)
• Must have excellent communication and writing skills
• Strong C++ and Python programming skills
• Experience with common machine learning techniques and frameworks
• Experience analyzing large scale multimodal data
• Experience with machine learning tools and frameworks including but not limited to: TensorFlow, PyTorch, Torch, Caffe, etc.
• Background in robotics and computer vision is a plus
• Experience with CUDA and GPU programming is a plus
• Great work ethic and an enthusiasm for problem solving and data analysis
• Desire to achieve best results and overcome technical obstacles and challenges
• Self-starter and able to work in a collaborative and results oriented environment.
• Gain experience with hands-on research and development in the field of surgical robotics
• Participate in ex-vivo and in-vivo test and validation of research outcomes
• Gain experience with development of algorithms and workflows for real-time systems in image-guided surgery
• Working in a multidisciplinary team with broad experience in various aspects of surgical robotics, image-guided surgery and intelligent systems.
Commitment: Must be available to work full-time hours, M-F for 10-12 weeks beginning Summer of 2019.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.