Intuitive Surgical Careers
NPI Inventory Control Supervisor
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 182859
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
The primary objective for this position is to perform NPI project inventory management and have supervision over NPI Stockroom personnel (i.e.: Receiving, Kitting, Packaging and Cycle Counting roles) while meeting established safety, quality, and efficiency goals within all of the department’s major functional areas. The NPI Inventory Control Supervisor will drive the team to achieve established department goals and maintain proper documentation within their areas of responsibility.
• Hire, train, develop, and motivate personnel to follow procedures, meet high quality standards, production/project schedules, and productivity requirements
• Meet or exceed all daily business requirements by:
o Scheduling work activities and assignments.
o Efficiently allocating available resources and re-assigning personnel throughout a shift.
o Coordinating resource assignments with other departments, (Production, Planning, Purchasing, Quality, etc.).
o Working with the training department to ensure the successful cross training of team members.
• Audit and ensure daily compliance by team members to all operating procedures and work instructions relative to the functional activities of the group.
• Continuously review and revise the team’s work instructions to ensure compliance with current activities and processes.
• Conduct root cause analysis (RCAs) for the team’s quality failures and coordinate/implement corrective actions.
• Monitor and ensure adherence by team members to ISI manufacturing guidelines (including, but not limited to, Attendance, GMP, GDP, 5S, Safety).
• Participate in Cycle Count Activities and reconciliation in coordination with the NPI Inventory Controller, Materials Warehouse and Planning teams.
• Cross-functional collaboration of creating NPI project inventory locations. This includes maintaining, reconciling and closing the locations regularly.
• Perform hands-on standard work activities as needed to meet the team’s daily goals and requirements.
• Develop and implement projects supporting departmental goals and objectives (Lean Scorecard, process improvements, warehouse layouts, etc.).
• Update daily productivity log with Team member’s numbers.
• Participate in group interviews of potential new-employee candidates.
• Write and deliver Quarterly performance reviews.
• Manage shift administrative duties (time-card edits, metrics updates, CI program management, Lean Scorecard management).
• Associate Degree or an equivalent of minimum 5 years of experience working in a warehouse environment associated with a production facility and /or leading project teams
• Demonstrated ability to successfully lead and supervise Materials Handling Operations in a fast-paced environment.
• Inventory control and cycle count experience, utilizing a Warehouse Management System.
• Significant computer experience including MS Office products and ERP systems, Agile and SAP knowledge preferred.
• Ability to research, analyze, and make recommendations for the resolution of job related issues.
• Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions from routine to complex in nature
• Ability to lead a cross functional team while driving moderate to complex projects.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Understanding of Kanban systems, continuous improvement and lean principles preferred.
• Maintain status as a certified forklift operator (training and certification process provided by ISI).
• The ideal candidate will have a love for a fast-paced and multi-focused work environment.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.