Intuitive Surgical Careers
Senior Analyst Corporate Accounting
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 182865
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Intuitive Surgical, the leader in robotic-assisted minimally invasive surgery is looking for a strong candidate to join a very exciting high-tech company that is well positioned for growth.
Are you looking for the next great challenge in your career? Are you looking for a position that will help you learn about the operational aspects of accounting and also a path to grow within a company? If so, this might be the perfect opportunity for you, because we’re seeking a motivated and driven Senior Analyst to join a great group of individuals on our Corporate Accounting team. As the Corporate Accouting Senior Analyst, you will have a great visibility into our domestic and international operations and help the Corporate Accounting team drive world-class financial reporting by monitoring worldwide activity and compliance with company accounting policies.
At Intuitive Surgical, you will share in a commitment to excellence by partnering with managers and executive leadership. The accounting and finance organization is focused on driving continuous improvement and working towards becoming a world-class finance organization. We do this by hiring quality individuals with integrity, personal accountability, teamwork, excellence, and proactive thinking. If you exemplify our values and want to be part of a company committed to making a difference in people’s lives, this is the role for you.
This is a great time to join the Company as we have several interesting projects underway to that are in line with the Company’s future growth that offers rich opportunity for professional development.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Assist the Corporate Accouting Team and other accounting and finance departments in implementing strong processes, systems, and procedures to drive efficiencies and high-quality financial reporting. This is done through a collaborative assessment of needs and quarterly goals we hold ourselves accountable towards.
• Responsible, together with the Corporate Accounting department ensure that we meet our month-end/quarter-end close and deadlines.
• Support post close activities including journal entries, account reconciliations, management reporting, supplemental monthly reporting schedules and balance sheet/income statement variance analysis.
• Support internal and external audit requests and SOX testing requests timely and accurately.
• Comply with internal controls as well as update process documentation when needed.
• Ensure compliance with corporate accounting policies, procedures and controls for assigned areas.
• Actively coordinate and communicate with the accounting/finance teams of the Company’s foreign subsidiaries, or outside service providers, throughout the monthly close process.
• Interface with external auditors of the foreign subsidiaries for statutory audit and other local requirements.
• Actively identify opportunities for process improvement or operational automation in existing system infrastructure.
• Assist with other responsibilities and ad-hoc projects as needed and desired (based on your personal career and development goals). We encourage all our team members to develop a 2-year career and personal development plan.
• Bachaelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance.
• 3-4 years of Big 4 public accounting experience and/or 4-5 years of experience in Corporate Accounting.
• CPA is a plus
• Detail oriented, organized, motivated and able to function in a fast paced environment, especially during quarter-end reporting periods.
• Knowledge of SAP, Hyperion, and EDW is preferred.
• Excellent communication and project management skills.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Advanced Excel skills.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.