Intuitive Surgical Careers
Director of U.S. Genesis Programs
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 182866
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
The Director of U.S. Genesis Programs will define and implement strategies to enable customers to successfully integrate and optimize Intuitive technologies within their hospital. This leader will play a key role in the Genesis team’s partnership with sales, marketing and other internal stakeholder groups to identify opportunities to deliver Genesis value to customers with an emphasis on patient safety, process optimization, cost-containment, and OR efficiency.
Roles and Responsibilities:
This position has responsibility and authority for:
• Developing and driving Genesis strategy in alignment with company mission, regional goals and business results
• Building successful technology programs at hospitals using established best practices
• Measuring Genesis program effectiveness and implementing enhancements as necessary
• Managing the Genesis team resources to ensure support is properly allocated to meet growing business demands on time and within budget
• Forecasting Genesis program allocation per region
• Hiring, developing and training members of the Genesis team as needed to support the ever-growing needs of the company
• Supporting the sales team’s negotiations with key accounts
• Educating sales leadership in leveraging Genesis value propositions to drive strategic national initiatives
• Providing the sales force with updates on the Genesis approach, materials and program results
• Partnering with customer training teams to identify and develop KOLs to participate in various training programs
• Managing Genesis expenses within budget
• Developing competency within the Genesis and other teams as necessary in the following areas:
o da Vinci System Technology
o da Vinci System applications
o OR Efficiency Practices and Principles
o Training Pathway process
o Training/coaching techniques/methodologies
Competency is based on: education, training, skills and experience. In order to adequately perform the responsibilities of this position the individual must have:
• 15+ years of hospital and/or training experience
• Advanced degree in Clinical or Health Sciences or Education preferred
• Experience working closely with hospital and sales leadership as well as medical professionals
• Experience implementing process improvement and change management strategies
• Demonstrated ability to think and act strategically in the development and execution of program implementation and optimization functions
• Knowledge of anatomy, physiology, medical disease states, surgical applications and operating room environment
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Experience with adult learning and education preferred
• Medical-device experience preferred
• Extensive travel required (75%)
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.