Intuitive Surgical Careers
Software Test Engineer
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 182883
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
This position will play a lead technical role during the development of a novel new surgical robot system. The engineer will be expected to work with a team to create the software infrastructure for a new surgical robotic system, and will be is responsible for the software V&V, and reporting of V&V activities, and will be required to design, develop, and execute test protocols for functional SW verification of complex robotic surgical systems.
Roles and Responsibilities:
This position has responsibility and authority for:
• Support the development of design requirements; participate in the creation/review of formal design documentation
• Design, develop, and oversee the execution of test protocols for functional SW verification for intricate robotic surgical systems; may execute test protocols hands-on or in Test Management Application
• Complete documentation for test protocols, results and reports
• As appropriate, develop tests and scripts that automate the testing process at a system level
• As appropriate, develop SW tests at a module level in Python or Matlab
• Log issues found within the issue tracking system; work with software and cross-functional teams to debug.
• Help manage the Software Engineering Lab equipment and support moving equipment on lab days.
• Perform on going testing for basic sanity and release acceptance testing.
In order to adequately perform the responsibilities of this position the individual must have:
• Engineering/SQA/Software Test background. Experience with V&V for medical devices required. Demonstrated judgment in V&V execution.
• Great communication skills.
• Attention to Detail.
• Experience with configuration management, defect tracking, test plans, test protocols, and test execution desired.
• Experience writing and understanding technical specifications. Strong intuition for, and interest in, designing software for testability.
• Experience with complex embedded systems/robotics and real time operating systems, and/or experience with Linux and QNX desired.
• Familiarity with Jira issue tracking and Polarion for requirements tracing a plus.
• SW programming background (C or C++) a plus. Experience with automated test tools a plus. Experience with scripting in Python, for generation of automated tests, a plus.
• Bachelor’s degree in CS, EE, ME, BioE, or related fields preferred, or commensurate experience.
• Troubleshooting mindset.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.