Intuitive Surgical Careers
Final Quality Inspection Lead Technician
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 182897
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
The Final Quality Inspection (FQI) lead technician works closely with team members and the supervisor to achieve team performance goals in the areas of efficiency, throughput, and accuracy among others as determined by management.
This position requires a highly-motivated and respected team player to support other team members inside and outside of Quality. Inspects and tests instruments and accessories, identifies quality issues, and works cross functionally to correct and verify issues prior to product release.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Assures that the FQI team adheres to the company standards and regulations.
• Sets priorities for the day and manages requests from other departments.
• Participates in V&V and other engineering testing. Provides feedback to the team and suggests improvements.
• Has good leadership skills and is able to build team relationships.
• Trains and mentors other technicians in areas of expertise.
• Works closely with Product Release, Manufacturing, Planners, and Shipping to support daily shipping and production schedule.
• Identifies and communicates product non-conformances to Supplier Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, and Quality Control Engineering.
• Reports and presents wide range of data and metrics
• Works closely with Engineering to resolve quality issues and actively participate in quality improvement initiatives.
• Follows all applicable work instructions to perform simulated surgical procedures utilizing a surgical robot, if required.
• Analyzes data from robotic systems using software applications, if required.
• Coordinates calibration and PM activities with PMC group
• Creates EEs as necessary when equipment non-conformances occur
• Communicates and coordinates product non-conformances and rework/re-inspection/sort activities with MRB team
• Accurately records detailed observations of non-conformances in the Device History Record to support root cause analysis and issue resolution.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or equivalent; minimum two years of experience.
• Additionally, a minimum of 2 years in Instruments/Accessories Inspection or Manufacturing or System Integration as a technician in good standing related to Attendance Guidelines and Quality performance over the past year is preferred.
• Prior experience as a Lead, Tech 3 or equivalent preferred.
• Ability to operate ISI robotic systems (Si, Xi, SP)
• Ability to read and interpret drawing requirements.
• Language Skills: Ability to read, write and understand English. Ability to read and comprehend complex instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to write correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees, supervisors, managers, or engineers.
• Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute averages, ratios, and percentages and to draw and interpret bar graphs and line graphs. Ability to determine the minimum, maximum and nominal value when provided with a specification and a tolerance.
• Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions. Ability to deal with situations including up to several variables. Ability to report actual or potential quality issues. Ability to suggest and implement process improvements.
• Computer skills: Proficient in use of personal computers as part of daily work, including strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite and SAP. Ability to use E-mail and the ACCS (Agile) system to retrieve and submit on-line documentation.
• Other skills and abilities: Ability to work varying shifts and work OT as determined by management. Ability to complete training courses. Ability to work in a team environment, coach and motivate other team members. Ability to effectively communicate and drive efficiency.
• Thorough understanding and implementation of 5S concepts. Has an excellent organization skills.
• Ability to use clocks, timers, calipers, rulers, and other test equipment as required. Meticulous attention to detail and orderly habits are required to accurately and completely document inspection/testing.
• Flexibility, willingness to learn new tasks, ability to take-on a variety of responsibilities big and small, and the need to fill-in for others when needed are highly preferred attributes for this position.
• Physical requirements: Excellent vision in both eyes, light lifting, and standing for long periods of time.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.