Intuitive Surgical Careers
Senior Engineering Technician
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 182899
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
Intuitive Surgical, Inc. produces the da Vinci® Surgical System, a minimally invasive robotic surgery system that uses highly complex mechanics, replaceable instruments and accessories, and enhanced three-dimensional visualization to extend surgical technique and precision beyond the limits of the human hand.
The Senior Engineering Technician will build and test new prototype concepts for the advanced product development group. A successful candidate will be technically focused, hands-on, and work with the research team to produce working prototypes of new product/therapy opportunities.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Build and assist with construction of electro-mechanical test fixtures and engineering prototypes
• Build and assist with construction of prototype flexible endoscopes and endoscopic tools
• Perform tests of endoscopic tools
• Perform other engineering technician duties as-needed
• Bachelor’s Degree in related field and minimum 8 years of experience
• Experience with mechanical prototyping and test of flexible devices
• Ability to solve technical issues with a basic understanding of mechanical drawings
• Hands-on capability performing compact assembly tasks including soldering, using the hot box, dremel, braider, etc.
• Proven ability to work well in team environment including teaching techniques to other technicians and learning from other technicians
• Proficiency with computers and Excel software
• Familiarity with Agile or equivalent PDM tool
• Familiarity with SAP or equivalent ERP tool
• Excellent communication and documentation skills
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.