Intuitive Surgical Careers
Head of Digital Content Strategy
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 182920
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Brief Position Summary:
Help us tell our story around the world. The Content Strategy Manager will lead the development and execution of Intuitive’s digital content strategy to support high-visibility, high-impact strategic messages, campaigns and projects, and will be responsible for articulating how the strategy will improve our customer experience through the buying journey. Key to the role is the development, execution and constant optimization of a cohesive strategy across multiple channels that ensures a strong pipeline of high-value, relevant and engaging content that strengthens the Intuitive brand, advances our customer goals, and elevates our profile as the leader in the robotic surgery space.
Key Functional Areas of Responsibility:
• Develop content frameworks that are scalable and flexible enough to support the needs of the campaigns, various channels, regions and businesses.
• Lead advocacy and thought leadership for effective content strategy and content marketing.
• Lead the content planning process during business planning to drive an integrated customer experience through our content.
• Create and manage editorial calendars and internal content network.
• Manage content operations. Define content management, metadata frameworks, classification, taxonomy, and governance standards. Ensure digital content is stored, managed and tagged appropriately to ensure seamless sharing. Collaborate with marketing and technology teams to develop content targeting and personalization rules.
• Evolve process to increase efficiency in content delivery including the repurposing of content across multiple channels.
• Perform detailed content audits, identify gaps and develop plans to address.
• Perform market research, gap analyses and competitor research to identify content opportunities and threats and develop strategies to leverage or mitigate each respectively.
• Leverage customer journey tools, industry and creative insights, testing, and measurement plans/KPIs to collaborate with the marketing and product teams to evolve content development.
• Work with the analytics, digital and demand generation teams to develop and report out metrics for content performance measurement and improvement.
• Lead on-site content merchandising
• Test and optimize: always leverage data to drive future content decisioning and optimize your creative approach to drive better results.
• Provide subject matter expertise to ensure product and clinical teams are producing engaging, relevant content that supports customer and patient needs. Advise on best practices for content strategy and content marketing initiatives.
• Work with counterparts from other areas of the business to continually improve the quality of the website and overall customer experience on the web
• Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications, journalism or related field.
• 10+ years’ experience in a digital marketing-related content function in B2B environment.
• Experience working within a heavily regulated, global company. Medical device experience preferred.
• Previous experience working with a web content management systems and strong working knowledge of content operations.
• Firm understanding of user experience, and strong search engine optimization, marketing and social media skills
• Proven expertise in content distribution best practices and experience designing content calendars
• Strong interpersonal skills, intercultural skills and experience a plus along with strong customer orientation.
• Strong prioritization and decision-making skills with proven ability to manage multiple priorities and projects with deadlines.
• Ability to work effectively and influence others in a matrixed environment including working within and among teams and influence others at all levels to move projects forward.
• Excellent project management capabilities to stay on top of detail, deliverables and anticipate and propose solutions to potential roadblocks to keep activities on track.
• Be able to work independently with minimal direction or guidance.
• Excellent computer skills including use of office productivity tools such as Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
• Must have a high level of intensity and the ability to adapt with change.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.