Intuitive Surgical Careers
Cycle Counter II
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 182961
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
The Cycle Counter II is responsible for ensuring the integrity of inventory records by creating and executing daily cycle counts, completing root cause analysis and reporting out on cycle count performance. This position reports into the Systems and Vision Business unit and will support both Sustaining and NPI production.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for complying with general Good Warehouse Practices (GWP) and Warehouse housekeeping processes.
• Create cycle count documents and reports
• Perform cycle counts and physical inventories
• Able to locate and count parts accurately (using cycle-count documents), execute required WMS data input and accurately complete required documentation.
• Provide root cause analysis
• Responsible for the inventory integrity of all Warehouse and WIP inventories
• Able to effectively apply knowledge of material flow and basic warehousing principles to assignments (FIFO, consolidation, lean principles).
• Support and drive improvements to internal replenishment processes
• Communicating verbally and via email the status of cycle counts to appropriate internal customers
• Other duties as assigned by Inventory Control Supervisor
• Possesses a high school degree or GED
• Minimum 2 years prior warehouse experience and/or exhibits knowledge of inventory control activities (cycle counts, physical inventory, root cause analysis, replenishment processes etc.)
• Knowledge of GMP’s and previous work experience in a medical manufacturing environment is preferred.
• Ability to lift 35 pounds frequently each day.
• Extensive walking and repetitive physical motion (squatting, bending, lifting) is required (at least 70% of hours worked).
• Able to demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness in completing work assignments, while complying with verbal and written instructions.
• Prior computer experience (including MS Office products and ERP systems). SAP and Agile preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.