Intuitive Surgical Careers
Planning Analyst Intern
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 182976
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Must be concurrently enrolled in a degree-seeking program with an accredited university or enrolled in an upcoming program in the fall.
Primary Function of Position:
Intern will work with Manufacturing, Supply chain, Marketing and Engineering teams to fully understand Demand and Supply Planning. The intern will be exposed to the creation of Master Production Scheduling including how a capacity and material constrained plan is developed. There will be specific projects required during the internship.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Applying knowledge of concepts and principles of planning to develop solutions to a variety of problems, particularly with demand, manufacturing capacity and supply constraints. The intern will be exposed to SAP ERP/o9/Agile/SQL/Tableau metrics and Excel planning models.
The projects will include but not limited to the following:
• Learn to create and define metrics for work order
• Define and create daily planner work flow process/checklist
• Review SIOP process and map out efficiencies on metrics/calendar and processes
• Create exception metrics based on data coming out of o9 around demand fluctuations
• Intermediate MS Office skills; Excel/Word and Outlook
• Ability to communicate clearly
• Ability to use Excel to pull data together and complete an analysis of the data
• Degree in Supply Chain Planning or Masters in Business Analytics
• Understand how department metrics are defined
• How to analyze metrics and drive efficiency in the process
• Understand the MPS and Production planning processes; Long term and short term impact
• Understand Forecast process and how demand is generated
Commitment: Must be available to work full-time hours, M-F for 10-12 weeks beginning Summer of 2019.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.