Intuitive Surgical Careers
HEOR Data Scientist – Project Management
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 182992
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Joining Intuitive Surgical, Inc. means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
The Global Health Economics and Outcomes Research Team at Intuitive Surgical is seeking a highly motivated, hard-working, professional data analyst and project manager in support of economic modeling and translational research.
The individual will provide analytical and consultative support to HEOR and participate in value creation process across all clinical verticals. He/she will conduct analysis for messaging with health care providers, payers, patients, and policy makers and manage analytics projects, develop the analytics templates on specific surgical procedures in multiple countries.
The successful candidate will be responsible for project management related to in-taking, initiating, and interpreting the results/findings to internal corporate colleagues in cross functional teams and customer-facing field colleagues. He/she will provide analytical and consultative support to the other members of the team and colleagues from other departments.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Review and critique medical and evidence-based clinical and economic outcomes literature & statistical analyses in surgery
• Develop statistical analysis using large healthcare databases (e.g., insurance claims, electronic medical records) for messaging with health care providers, payers, patients, and policy makers
• Create, publish and maintain reports as well as any necessary ad hoc request
• Manage Large Database Analytics projects
• High sense of urgency expected and the ability to drive analytics for various projects simultaneously
• Present and interpret findings to across functional teams, including market access, hospital channel marketing, clinical affairs, biostatistics, market research, clinical and product marketing, and publication teams
• Maintain, update and enhance Large Database Analytics repository library
• Deliver the results/findings through abstract or manuscript publications where possible
• Participant economic model development, including budget impact, cost-effectiveness model and other models to support health economic and outcome research strategy
• Develop systematic reviews to support economic modeling and evidence-based healthcare decision
• Design and develop the MOVE Platform for country P5(Patient, Physician, Provider, Payer and Payer) stakeholder management.
• Design, develop survey and analyze survey results
• Support the Global Market Access, HTA, Health Policy, Reimbursement, and Market Research teams with other primary and secondary research design, collection and analyses as requested
• Bachelor’s or Master's degree in health economics, health services research, epidemiology, statistics, biostatistics, public health, or related field.
• Experience in research survey design and programming
• Strong skills in data analysis and modeling
• Fluency in Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Experience working in a collaborative project team/environment
• Outstanding ability to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences
• Keen business acumen in understanding the needs from customers.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively. May work extended or non-standard hours based on project needs and deadlines.
• Strong skills in slide design and links
• Strong skills in graphic interfaces. Some experience handling large databases and knowledge is desirable.
• Two or more years of experience programming
• Knowledge of survey methods
• Proficient in R, SAS and/or STATA
• Experience in project management
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.