Intuitive Surgical Careers
NC System Remanufacturing Technician
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-US-NC-Raleigh
Requisition ID: 182995
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
A System Remanufacturing Technician is comfortable operating independently and can be relied upon to exercise sound judgment and decision making in uncertain situations. These adaptable individuals perform well in unstructured environments where they are expected to apply foundational skills and business practices to situations in innovative ways.
They possess a clear understanding of the rules and operating procedures that govern their work and use that knowledge to navigate through uncertain situations to deliver results which adhere to quality and process expectations (bringing order to chaos). In standardized settings, they continue to apply sound quality and remanufacturing practices in the pursuit of departmental objectives. They recognize the limitations of their own abilities and exercise the initiative to supplement their own professional knowledge. They proactively seek clarification to their own questions and are resourceful in utilizing business assets to see tasks through to completion.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Able to evaluate and execute repair tasks across the entire spectrum of remanufactured products and FRUs. Ability to handle varying degrees of complexity with tasks ranging from the simple to multi-phase projects.
Provide first line assessment and diagnosis of key issues found during the remanufacturing process.
To accurately handle the entire paperwork requirement necessary for the execution of their jobs.
Including, but not limited to, Material Transfers (MTs), Quality Notifications, and documentation in direct support of engineering activity or qualifications.
• Resource to supporting groups for insight into the manufacturing processes for which they are certified. Able to articulate and write effectively to convey their knowledge across a broad audience.
• Understands, adheres to, and helps reinforce all corporate, safety, and production regulations.
• Able to read engineering drawings, wiring diagrams, and setup/operate the tooling and equipment necessary to
• maintain their work stations. Well versed in the use and application of business and diagnostic systems used across
• Maintains excellent attendance record and understands their impact to operations. Willingness to adjust work schedule as required in response to changes or delays in production.
• Proactively provides feedback to supervisor and other departments regarding production issues, work status, and
• suggestions for improvement.
• Train and mentor other Remanufacturing Technicians to areas in which they are certified.
• Mid-level proficiency and comfort in system and product test roles. Able to navigate through and interpret error logs while managing required electronic documentation.
• Other duties to support manufacturing floor objectives or ISI projects that may be assigned by the Lead/Supervisor or Management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must meet the minimum test score requirements for the S, Si and Xi Field Service Engineer training courses as administered by the Customer Support Group Technical Trainers.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Minimum High school diploma and AA or equivalent; minimum 4 years related
experience or training in a professional mechanical or technical role; Preferred BS in Engineering (mechanical, electrical, etc). In depth knowledge of the da Vinci robotic system components as they relate to remanufacturing specific tasks.
• Language Skills: Ability to read, write and understand English. Ability to read and comprehend complex instructions,correspondence, and memos. Ability to write correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees, supervisors, or engineers
• Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute averages, ratios, and percentages and to draw and interpret bar graphs and line graphs. Ability to determine the minimum, maximum and nominal value when provided with a specification and a tolerance.
• Computer skills: Proficient in use of personal computers as part of daily work, including knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite, SAP and DTE. Ability to use E-mail and the ACCS (Agile) system to retrieve and submit on-line documentation.
• Other skills and abilities: Ability to work varying shifts. Must have ability to complete training courses. Ability to work in a team environment. Ability to use clocks, timers, calipers, voltmeters, power supplies, rulers, and other test equipment as required. Must lead by example-quality of work and work ethic should be of the highest level.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws