Intuitive Surgical Careers
Instructional Content Specialist
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 182997
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
The Instructional Content Specialist will be responsible for producing and maintaining content across a wide range of projects including web-based online courses, mobile applications, video scripts / storyboards, and quick reference guides. Development will focus on the clinical/technical aspects of our da Vinci® Surgical System and its components and will be developed using programs like Captivate, Storyline, Photoshop, and Microsoft Office. Online learning modules will be integrated into a Learning Management System.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Work with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to identify and capture learning content
• Develop competencies and learning objectives for all instructional projects
• Use standard e-learning authoring tools (Articulate, Captivate) and other development tools to create or revise learning content
• Script and storyboard instructional videos
• Develop training documentation using content layout software (In-Design, Word)
• Design, develop and conduct assessments and evaluations for global audiences
• Design, develop and implement mobile learning using Adobe Experience Manager Mobile
• Project manage all phases of instructional development projects under tight deadlines.
Skill / Job Requirements:
• 2-4 years of professional experience in a relevant instructional design role
• 2-4 years of professional experience working with either Articulate Storyline or Adobe Captivate to author e-learning courses
• 1-2 years of experience publishing content to a Learning Management System (LMS)
• Bachelor’s degree or higher education completed
• Exemplary written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to self-manage multiple development projects in meeting deadlines
• MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) expertise
• 1-2 years of experience in a healthcare, biotech, or medical device organization
• 1-2 years of experience developing content for a global audience
• Degree in Education, Curriculum Development, or Instructional Design
• Experience working with strict document control and Quality Management Systems
• Adobe Experience Mobile Manager (AEMM) authoring experience
• Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, and Audition expertise
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.