Intuitive Surgical Careers
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 182999
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Intuitive Surgical is leading the way to a new generation of surgery. We design, manufacture and sell the da Vinci® Surgical System, which provides the benefits of minimally invasive surgery to patients - as well as ease of use, precision and dexterity for surgeons.
The growth and expansion of da Vinci® surgery at hospitals worldwide is allowing more and more patients to benefit from minimally invasive surgery. The ability to extend these benefits to patients depends on surgical teams achieving proficiency in utilizing the da Vinci® Surgical System – which is why training is so important to us.
Our Professional Education and Program Services group seeks passionate and talented training professionals who believe in the da Vinci® technology, and whose expertise in training on complex technology, along with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, will ensure our delivery of world class training to surgeons and surgical teams in the use of the da Vinci® Surgical System.
Primary Function of Position:
The Instructional Designer will be responsible for the design and content development of mission critical learning programs, including but not limited to web-based learning, instructor-led training, blended instruction solutions, and virtual sessions. Development will focus on the clinical/technical aspects of our da Vinci® Surgical System and its components and will be developed using programs like Captivate, Storyline, Photoshop, and Microsoft Office. Online learning modules will be integrated into a Learning Management System.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Develop eLearning, instructor led, blended learning and virtual training curriculums
• Participate in needs analysis to determine training needs within the organization
• Structure existing content for best learning experience by end-user, e.g., instructor-led or e-learning
• Work with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to identify and capture learning content
• Use e-learning authoring tools to develop learning content
• Design, develop and conduct assessments and evaluations
• Project manage all phases of a learning project – analysis, design, development, implementation & evaluation
• Produce facilitator and participant guides
• Deliver instructor led training
• Research, recommend and manage 3rd party training solutions
Skill / Job Requirements:
• 3-5 yrs. relevant professional experience
• 1-2 yrs. experience in biotech or medical device organization preferred
• Education Background
• Curriculum Development or Instructional Design/Technology degree preferred
• Education degree acceptable
• College degree required
• Comprehensive e-learning and classroom design and facilitation skills
• Strong knowledge of adult learning theory and its application to learning solutions
• Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
• Experience working with SMEs in a team environment
• Experience working with a learning management system (LMS)
• Ability to self-manage multiple development projects and deadlines
• Software Proficiency Required:
o Articulate Storyline
o MS Office (Word, Power-Point, Excel)
o Adobe Photoshop
• Software Proficiency Preferred:
o Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects, Premiere, Flash, Audition, Encore, Edge)
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.