Intuitive Surgical Careers
da Vinci Bariatric Specialty Sales Manager- Chicago
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Chicago
Requisition ID: 183023
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
The Specialty Sales Manager plays a critical role in driving identification and adoption of new procedures for the da Vinci surgical system. Partnering with sales leadership and staff in Clinical Sales, Capital Sales and Key Accounts, the Manager will identify and develop Key Opinion Leaders to pioneer and expand use of the da Vinci system in surgical specialties in early stages of growth. They will also partner with local sales representatives to coach, counsel and train them on selling to specialists in their assigned hospital accounts. This role is part of a small team of strategic, senior level sales professionals across the country who are focused on identifying and expanding the adoption of new procedures that will drive the future growth of Intuitive Surgical.
Roles and Responsibilities
This position has the responsibility and authority to:
Expand da Vinci Specialty Procedures Utilization
- Develop Key Opinion Leader (KOL) for General, Thoracic, Colorectal and Bariatric procedures with potential future focus in Head & Neck Surgery.
- Establish regional case observation sites & Epicenters.
- Through collaboration with sales leadership, conduct strategic market development activities e.g. MSA RIPs and “blitz” activities
- Implement Consolidation Pathway Methodology
- For KOLs, execute all sales activities in support of developing their proficiency as a da Vinci surgeon. These activities include:
- Select appropriate case observation site
- Conduct on-site and wet lab training
- Bringing value in first series of cases
- Bring intra-operative & post-operative clinical value in initial surgeon case series
- Development and leadership of advanced regional training programs
- Serve as the market intelligence liaison for marketing and training teams
- Conduct hospital and practice executive presentations
- Develop future training pipeline by properly vetting all daVinci Single-Site surgeon candidates for training feasibility within targeted geography.
- Provide feedback to enhance representatives’ ability to sell to specific specialties
- Identify area needs, coordinate and run competency programs with support from AVP and CSD’s
- Leverage Specialty Sales resources to help scale launch of new procedures and/or products
- Align with Sales leadership and marketing to manage surgeon training resources related to
- Training effectiveness
- Procedural volume outcomes
- Analyze and affect targeted specialty procedure trends; exploit anomalies and manage appropriately
- Demonstrated ability to manage complexity and work in an environment of change
- Proven ability to influence peers
- Effective communication skills across a broad organization with a variety of focuses
- Excellent clinical selling skills and ability to quickly build credibility with a highly educated customer base
- Track record of individual sales excellence
- Management experience or management career track required
- 1+ years of management experience required
- Thoracic or colorectal sales background preferred
- 5+ years of medical device sales required
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Overnight travel required: 2-3 days / week (40% - 60%)
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.