Intuitive Surgical Careers
Director, Service Operations - Japan (open to relocation candidates)
Primary Location: Japan-Kantō-Japan-Tokyo
Requisition ID: 183046
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
This key senior management position is responsible for overseeing all Japan activities relating to Customer Experience & Services in connection with the installation and maintenance of the company’s products. The Service organization represents approximately 20% of the overall company revenue and we are looking for a seasoned professional who has the ability to scale enterprise solutions in support of our continued market growth. As a key strategic leader you will provide direction for development and delivery of all Service Operations programs and initiatives applicable to the Japan region. Essential areas of responsibility include people management, budgeting & management for the Service Operations.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Lead projects and initiatives focused on refining organization productivity and efficiency. Drive best practices to ensure consistent, high quality and repeatable performance.
• Key member of Japan leadership team. Ability to influence internal/external stakeholders on matters of significance including strategic plans, objectives and budget. Provide input into decisions on administrative and operational issues that ensures effective goal achievement.
• Establish collaborative working relationships and alignment with Sales, Marketing, Finance, Contracts and Engineering functions in support of meeting overall corporate and Japan business objectives.
• Leverage best-in-class service models in an effort to develop and deploy comprehensive strategies that include achieving service commitments, maximizing customer satisfaction and optimizing operational costs.
• Attract, retain, and motivate a high performance organization capable of delivering world-class levels of customer service and support. Develop team and establish succession plan to ensure effective future organizational growth.
• Build workforce plan to ensure proper resources are in place to effectively support and resolve customer issues.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent; 12+ years of Operations, Customer Support and/or Field Service experience.
• Strong business acumen, analytical thinker, initiative in decision making; ability to multi-task and adapt to change without losing focus of prioritie.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Solid leadership skills and prior success building an organization with a track record of recruiting, motivating, and developing talent.
• A track record of milestone achievement, operational excellence and strong cross-functional skills.
• Strong understanding and working knowledge of SAP/CRM and Sales Force Information Systems.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Fluent in English; other Asian languages a plus.
• Familiarity of O.R. protocols, anatomic terminology and knowledge a plus.
• Willing to travel up to 50% - 75%.