Intuitive Surgical Careers
Primary Location: United States-California-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 183089
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Intuitive is the industry pioneer and leader in robotic-assisted surgical
systems. Our da Vinci Surgical System is an advanced platform for minimally invasive surgery that has touched the lives of more than five million patients worldwide. Our system acts as a natural extension of a surgeon’s eyes and hands through a combination of cutting-edge robotics, immersive 3D stereoscopic vision, and intuitive human-interface controls. Over the past two decades,
this revolutionary technology has brought about a new era in minimally
What we’re looking for:
Our Employee Communications & Engagement team is looking for a creative, highly engaged Senior Designer to support the design and creative needs of Intuitive’s internal communications programs and channels. Working closely with our Design and Brand team, this Senior Designer will be responsible for working to bring forward-thinking design and creative ideas to our employees.
As a Senior Designer in the Employee Communications & Engagement team, you will play an essential role in the strategy, conception, design and execution of compelling creative across different media, including web, editorial and print. You are the champion for consistency across all internal brand and communication touch points. Using strong production design skills, you will work with the team to create compelling employee experiences.
Our ideal teammate would be a great collaborator who is passionate about visually bringing Intuitive’s story to life — and is ready to have some fun along the way. If you’re a creative visionary, thoughtful strategist and, most importantly, team player, then you get us. Let’s build something great together.
In order to adequately perform the responsibilities of this position the individual must have:
• 8+ years experience designing for in-house creative team, start up, or agency
• 5+ years of brand and communication design
• 3+ years of user experience design for software or web
• Experience working with C-suite clients
• Strong visual design skills — typography, color theory, and composition
• Propose and provide multiple design directions / approaches for projects
• Strong written and verbal communication skills — must be able to articulate the rationale for every design decision
• Proven to work within established visual guidelines and frameworks
• Advanced knowledge of the latest design tools including Adobe Creative Suite
• Clear understanding of how to prioritize and optimize work based on business needs and timelines
• Proven aptitude for quick creative thinking with acute attention to detail within demanding deadlines
• Familiarity with SharePoint (Microsoft Office 365) a plus
• Experience working with corporate communications and/or human resource teams with a focus on an internal, employee audience
• Solid project management skills
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.